This Is the End is an upcoming apocalyptic comedy film directed by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen, and written by Rogen, Goldberg, and Jason Stone. The film is based on Jay and Seth vs. The Apocalypse, a short film created by Rogen and Baruchel in 2007.
Official Release Date: 12 June 2013 (USA)
Genres: Action, Comedy
Rating: Rated R for crude and sexual content throughout, brief graphic nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violence
Runtime: 107 min
This Is The End follows six friends trapped in a house after a series of strange and catastrophic events devastate Los Angeles. As the world unravels outside, dwindling supplies and cabin fever threaten to tear apart the friendships inside. Eventually, they are forced to leave the house, facing their fate and the true meaning of friendship and redemption.
James Franco as Himself
Jonah Hill as Himself
Seth Rogen as Himself
Jay Baruchel as Himself
Danny McBride as Himself
Craig Robinson as Himself
Michael Cera as Himself
Emma Watson as Herself
Box Office Predictions:
This Is The End expects an opening weekend of 8 + million. Some of the pros and cons for the movie are:
- The high concept of the Apatow crew portraying themselves in an end-of-the-world comedy is catching a lot of attention from fans who have left some of their movies behind in recent years.
- Social network buzz has been strong thus far.
- Recently debuted footage out of CinemaCon went over very well.
- Opening immediately after The Hangover Part III and The Internship could soften upfront demand. Opening against Man of Steel won’t do it any favors either.
- Female interest in the movie is highly questionable, especially with The Heat debuting two weeks later.
- As noted, the Apatow crew movies have dropped off somewhat from the box office heights of Knocked Up and Superbad. Could this be a return to similar numbers with its original concept?