Islamabad Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif (3rd timer) roars in National Assembly that the government would put former military ruler Pervez Musharraf on trial for treason charges, punishable by death or life imprisonment.
He told the lower house of Parliament that the newly elected government of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) will file a written request before the Supreme Court to try former military ruler General (retd) Pervez Musharraf for treason under Article 6 of the Constitution.
The premier moreover said Musharraf would be tried for imposing a state of emergency in the country in 2007 while also suspending the Constitution.
ARTICLE 6 of the constitution
6. High treason.—1[(1) Any person who abrogates or subverts or suspends or holds in abeyance, or attempts or conspires to abrogate or subvert or suspend or hold in abeyance, the Constitution by use of force or show of force or by any other unconstitutional means shall be guilty of high treason.]
(2) Any person aiding or abetting 2[or collaborating] the acts mentioned in clause (1) shall likewise be guilty of high treason.
3[(2A) An act of high treason mentioned in clause (1) or clause (2) shall not be validated by any court including the Supreme Court and a High Court.]
(3) 4[Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] shall by law provide for the punishment of persons found guilty of high treason.
Now some questions arises;
- how long this case would take time to wrap up ?
- does General (retd) Pervez Musharraf taste about what he has done?
- does the General (retd) Pervez Musharraf will be punished or the case would be delayed till he dies it self ?
- what about the other cases that are in pending ?
- what about the Asghar Khan case ? one of the long pending case
These were are just few questions there are lot of more cases in pending, but this case gain more attention because just to divert people’s attention from other problems.There is a long list of problems that needs not be mentioned as people are awared about those like electricity crisis, terrorism etc.
So in my opinion citizens of Pakistan should not think that a major case is going to be solved so easily, as you can see the Pakistan history criminals are ruling in Pakistan, see what they have done to our economy, our currency, our tourism, our exports, businesses and much more. Our country can do a lot more but still our neighboring country India has left us behind in every sector, that now our condition is like we are going to import electricity from them WOW! — Amazing .
Now once again Pakistani people are being fooled again this case is just opened to veil the other big problems. Nothing gonna benefit citizens of Pakistan if General (retd) Pervez Musharraf will be punished, don’t think I am favouring him but think that if this case came to an end would it solve the energy crisis in Our country