Today i am telling you some secret dangers that are hidden behind that sweet refreshing diet soda.
A new study has found that the artificial sweeteners in diet soda can cause weight gain, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and heart disease, adding to mounting research about the potential health risks of diet soft drinks.And that’s not all—the study also found that the artificial sweeteners in diet soda can interfere with your body’s normal response to sugar, deregulating normal blood sugar levels even more than regular soda.
Side Effects of Drinking Soda :
Kidney Problems: Here’s something you didn’t know about your diet soda: It might be bad for your kidneys.In an 11-year-long Harvard Medical School study of more than 3,000 women, researchers found that diet cola is associated with a two-fold increased risk for kidney decline. Kidney function started declining when women drank more than two sodas a day. Even more interesting: Since kidney decline was not associated with sugar-sweetened sodas, researchers suspect that the diet sweeteners are responsible.
Rotting Teeth: With a pH of 3.2, diet soda is very acidic. (As a point of reference, the pH of battery acid is 1. Water is 7.) The acid is what readily dissolves enamel, and just because a soda is diet doesn’t make it acid-light. Adults who drink three or more sodas a day have worse dental health, says a University of Michigan analysis of dental checkup data. Soda drinkers had far greater decay, more missing teeth, and more fillings.
NeuroToxic: While artificial sweeteners may be a zero calorie alternative to sugar, they are in no way healthier. Diet sodas may use a variety of artificial sweeteners in place of sugar, including aspartame, which acts as a neurotoxin.
Aspartame, which is the common artificial sweetener has been linked to sleep disorders, high blood pressure, dizziness, fatigue, and in some, cause arthritis flare-ups.
Other Effects include :
- diet soda drinkers are at a higher increase for heart attack and stroke.
- Research has indicated that typically, diet soda drinkers begin to increase the amount of diet soda they consume because it shows that it has zero calories. Zero calories can lead to binge eating and over eating.
- Some of the components used to make diet sodas can block certain things your body needs, like magnesium, calcium, along with blocking the excretion of certain hormones.
- Acid in the body also can lead to a number of health conditions such as inflammation and corrosion of body tissue. When your body is overly acidic your skin will not be as beautiful or youthful. It will contribute to looking older.
- Many diet sodas contain caffeine, which is an artificial stimulant and an addictive substance. Caffeine also excessively taxes the liver and can hamper its ability to cleanse and filter toxins from the body.caffeine can trigger stress hormones, which can result in chronic stress and weight gain.
- Carbonated water, Artificial coloring, Phosphoric acid, Potassium benzoate, Citric acid found in diet soda places a significant toxic load on your liver and can contribute to toxic sludge in your intestines.