counter create hit
shahreukh-shahzeb

Shahzeb Khan murder case SC adjourns hearing; police to submit report

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Wednesday adjourned the hearing of the suo motu case over the murder of 20-year-old Shahzeb Khan to Jan 29 after Karachi police sought two weeks to submit a comprehensive report on the case.

A three-member bench of the apex court was hearing the suo motu notice taken by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry over Shahzeb’s murder.

During the hearing, DIG South Shahid Hayat told the court that Shahrukh Jatoi, the prime accused in the case, had surrendered himself to authorities in the Pakistani consulate in Dubai and that authorities were in contact with Dubai police.

Chief Justice Iftikhar inquired regarding the investigation into how Shahrukh had managed to leave the country.

DIG Hayat replied that a four-member investigation committee of the Federal Investigations Agency (FIA) was looking into the matter.

Expressing his dissatisfaction over the police’s performance, the chief justice said no effective action had been taken, adding that the main accused and his father (Sikandar Jatoi) had turned themselves in before authorities.

The bench adjourned the case’s hearing until Jan 29 after Karachi police requested it a two-week-long period to submit a comprehensive report on the case.

Interesting Here

INCPak

INCPak Completes 4 years on the web 16th November 2016

Independent News Coverage Pakistan (INCPak) website went online on 16th November, 2012 – To Unite …

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Loading Disqus Comments ...