Additive manufacturing or 3D printing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital model. 3D printing is achieved using additive processes, where an object is created by laying down successive layers of material. 3D printing is considered distinct from traditional machining techniques (subtractive processes) which mostly rely on the removal of material by drilling, cutting etc.
3D printing is usually performed by a materials printer using digital technology. Since the start of the twenty-first century there has been a large growth in the sales of these machines, and their price dropped substantially.
The technology is used recently in making:
- 3D-Printed Splint that Helps Baby Breathe Again
- 3D-Printed ‘Bionic’ Ear Can Hear Beyond Human Ability
- 3D-Printed hand & fingers
- 3D-Printed Shoes Have Built-In iPhone Case
- 3D-Printed Face
- 3D-Printed Custom Smartphone Cases
guns, cars models , tools , dresses these are the some big examples and this technology 3d printing can be used to print things beyond your imagination.
- Print 3d items
- print movable parts
- print items in remote locations
- ability to send items over internet and print out at home
- plastic used is strong
On the other hand 3D printer can disadvantageous :
- no regulations on what can be made example weapons
- kids could print out dangerous items
- provide advantages for criminals
- copy rights violation
- Misuse and Mischief
- 3D Black Market / fake brands
- Fraud & Scam