Finally CM 11 aka Cyanogenmod 11 Rom for Qmobile has been successfully ported by INCPak Team member, after this Syed Ahmed Ali Shah enters in Hall of Fame 🙂 The Fastest Rom Porter in the world, Only INCPak Team mates knows the furious speed of Ahmed Ali Shah Sahab.
QMobile Noir i9 gets CM 11 but there’s one issue, Only One sim supported. I am sure Ahmed Ali Shah Sahab will try his best to fix this bug and we’ll update it over here. For Now check out the screenshots of Cyanogenmod 11 Rom for QMobile Noir i9.
My Personal Experience using CM 11 Rom for QMobile Noir i9 :-
It lags a bit, Phone gets heat up even on normal usage, battery drains, Video Recording don’t work while camera snaps are working, GPS having issue locating place, although the interface is good and but there are bugs in this rom, when I flashed this rom, first thing I needed was Gapps which Ahmed Ali Shah provided after which I was able to access Google play store. Dual sim issue is fixed but I was using on single sim so don’t know about it exactly.
you may try it out it worth trying but I woudn’t suggest you to stick up on CM 11 due to these bugs, specially heatup and video recording.
CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.’æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.
Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, an enhanced reboot menu, support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, soft buttons and other “tablet tweaks”, toggles in the notification pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS), app permissions management, as well as other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not containspyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.
CyanogenMod is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code.
Read more about CyanogenMod,
To check more available roms click on the primary menu Tech Talks > INCPak Roms all the available posts are there.
*Caution: THIS ROM CONTAINS A CUSTOM INCPAK LOGO. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
MAKE FULL BACKUP FIRST.
- Download the CM 11 ROM for QMobile Noir i9 from the link provided above.
- Copy and paste it inside SD-Card without extracting the zip file.
- Goto Recovery. There are two methods to go to Recovery. ONE: Press the Power Button + Vol UP + Vol DOWN buttons together for 6-7 seconds and then press Power UP again to goto recovery. TWO: Or you can use any rebooter app which are present at Play Store to enter Recovery Mode.
- Once in Recovery Mode, click on Wipe Menu and then Wipe all the four as follows. Wipe Data –Factory Reset (This will erase all your personal data.) Wipe Cache Wipe Dalvik CacheFormatsystem (This will erase your current ROM, so please only do this when you’ve backup of your previous ROM).
- After the whole Wipe process, click on Install zip and then click on Choose zip sdcard.
- Now select the zip that you copied to your sd-card in the 2nd Step.
- Click Yes on any confirmation message regarding the installation of the zip.
- The installtion will take around 3-4 minutes.
- When installtion is complete, go back to Main Menu and click on Reboot the Phone.
- First bootup will take some time (e.g 3-4 Minutes). Please be patient.
- After the bootup, go through the initial CM 11 Rom setup and then go back in recovery flash Gapps.zip without it Play store access is mission impossible
Syed Ahmed Ali Shah Screenshots + Rom
Farhan Imaan F.Abro Post