LG has now officially announced the GPad 8.3 tablet, which will be released to multiple countries such as North America, Europe, and Asia in Q4.the first tablet the company has announced for the market in several years. Remember the double-camera-toting 3D-capable T-Mobile LG G-Slate? Todays tablet device is delivering a whole new experience – bringing on an 8.3-inch display with Full HD resolution and hardware that’s rather similar to that of the LG G2 smartphone.
This tablet works with a massive 4600 mAh battery while it comes in at 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm large and weighs 338g, with the company aiming to maintain its hero status with long-lasting device uptime and industry-leading hardware.
LG GPad 8.3 Specification:
– Processor: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 Processor
– Display: 8.3-inch WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels / 273 ppi)
– Memory: 16GB eMMC
– RAM: 2GB LPDDR2
– Camera: Rear 5.0MP / Front 1.3MP
– Battery: 4,600mAh
– Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
– Size: 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm
– Weight: 338g
– Colors: Black / White
User Experience Maximized for a Tablet
The LG GPad 8.3 offers practical features that provide real-life benefits, such as enhanced multitasking. Thanks to its 8.3-inch Full HD Display, user experience (UX) features unique to the LG GPad 8.3 are maximized for the large screen:
1. Slide Aside enables seamless multitasking by simply “sliding” currently open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe
2. QSlide controls up to three different apps in one window with no interruption, especially convenient on a large screen
3. Knock ON turns the device on and off by tapping the display twice
This device will be appearing “globally” in a selection of “key markets” including North America, Asia, and Europe – all starting in the fourth quarter of 2013. Prices are not yet announced, and we’ll likely get a much closer look at IFA 2013 starting next week!