LG Nexus 5 “Megalodon” Smokes Galaxy S4 on Paper.
It looks like the next Google Nexus handset will be co-made by LG, too. Called the Nexus 5 (after its screen-size), the handset smokes Samsung’s Galaxy S 4, at least on paper. According to a leak by a source within Google, the next Nexus handset is at an advanced stage of development, its basic design and specifications appear to be finalized.
Codenamed “Megalogon,” the handset features a more futuristic design that implements curved glass, straight lengths, and curved breadths, with the iconic blue dot home button (felt touch). Specifications leaked by the source list out like this:
- 5.2-inch OLED display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core SoC clocked at 2.30 GHz
- Qualcomm RF360 soft-modem with LTE 100/50 Mbps Hexaband, and HSPA+
- 3 GB LPDDR3 memory
- Up to 64 GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel primary camera by OmniVision, capable of 4K UHD video recording at 30 FPS, and 1080p at 60 FPS
- 2.1-megapixel front-camera
- Front-positioned stereo speakers
- Android 4.2.2, gesture controls
- 3,300 mAh battery
By the looks of it, Google could time the launch of Nexus 5 looking at market factors such as how Apple plans to respond to the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S 4.