A new market is now emerging for the Dual-boot tablet PC’s,Windows 8 and Android on a single device, previously Asus was the first one who launched Dual-boot tablet PC but now Samsung has joined the league too.
Samsung’s Latest tablet PC ATIV Q with dual-boot option has been launched recently that runs on Windows 8 and Android 4.2. Now people doesn’t need to chose whether to buy Windows or Android tab. 🙂
Samsung ATIV tab specification :
- 13.3″ hybrid tab
- 3200×1800 qHD+ display, 275ppi
- 327x217x13.9mm and weighs just 1.29KG
- OS : Windows 8 / Android 4.2 JB dual-boot
- Intel’s new Haswel-based Core i5 processor
- HD Graphics 4400 GPU
- 4GB of DDR3L RAM
- 128GB internal of storage and support for microSD.
- Camera 720p HD
- Battery life upto 9 hours
- colour ash black
- I/O Ports USB Ports 1xUSB3.0, 1xUSB2.0, micro HDMI,RJ45 (dongle), HP/Mic combo, micro SD
Visually the Ativ Q looks a lot like most hybrid devices, featuring a similar design to Sony’s recently unveiled Vaio Duo. The device starts off as a standard tablet, but can be converted into a fully functioning laptop, by sliding the screen back to reveal an attached hidden keyboard.
With its metal chassis feeling robust and the hinge connecting the screen and keyboard proving far more sturdy than those seen on most other hybrid devices.
Another nifty feature of the dual-boot is the ability to actually create shortcuts to Android apps in Windows 8. The feature is a clear move by Samsung to solve Windows 8’s app shortage.