Waze was founded in 2008 by a Israeli company called Uri Levine . Its a world fastest growing GPS navigation app. Recently Google has announced that it bought Waze for around $1.1 billion (but still price figure is not confirmed ), Its a strong move for both of the companies.Previously Apple , Facebook and some other companies were also interested in buying Waze .It’s a smart move that keeps the startup out of Apple’s clutches and gives Google a chance to grow (and benefit from) one of the few truly useful, important mobile apps to emerge over the past five years.
Waze is a fun, community based mapping, traffic & navigation app, 50 million strong. Join forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time & gas money, and improve everyone’s daily commute.
- Live routing based on community generated, real-time traffic and road info
- Community contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more
- Complete voice guided navigation Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes
- Finds the cheapest gas station along your route
- One tap navigation to Facebook events
- See Facebook friends driving to the same place
- Notify someone you’re on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive
- Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info
- Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors