Below is the short video about What happens on the internet in 60 seconds put together by BuzzFeed a channel on Youtube.
Sociological speculation notwithstanding, the exponentially increasing computing power that pushes our online interactions to ever-dizzying speeds is surely something to pause and marvel at, if not to fear. The short video above from Buzzfeed takes us on a wild ride through the millions of transactions that occur online in a single minute.
Want some examples? Okay. Here you go. Every 60 seconds of the day…
- 684,478 pieces of content are shared on Facebook
- 2,000,000 search queries are made on Google
- 48 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube
- 47,000 apps are downloaded from the App Store
- 3,600 photos are shared on Instagram
- 571 new websites are created
- about 204,000,000 emails will be sent around the web, 65 per cent of which will be spam
- Amazon will sell $83,000 worth of products
- 20,000 post on tumblr
- $ 75000 added to Google Revenues
- 11 million conversions on instant messenger
- 450 Windows 7 CDs Sold
- 103 BlackBerry Sold
- 510,040 comments on Facebook
- 370,000 + Minutes voice Calls on Skype
- 1700+ downloads Firefox downloads
… and, perhaps most impressively, $272,000 is spent by consumers on web shopping.
That’s just one example of the mind boggling scale of online activity.
The following infographics show a bunch of other incredible things that happen in 60 seconds.