Getaway is an upcoming American action thriller film starring Ethan Hawke and Selena Gomez. Directed by Courtney Solomon and written by Gregg Maxwell Parker and Sean Finegan, the film will be distributed by Warner Bros., the last film to have Dark Castle Entertainment by Warner Bros. Pictures, before Universal Pictures took over in 2013. Though originally reported to be a remake of the 1972 film The Getaway, the film is actually an original story.
Director: Courtney Solomon
Writers: Sean Finegan, Gregg Maxwell Parker
Genre: Action, Crime
Release Date: 30 August 2013 (USA)
PG Rating: Rated PG-13 for intense action, violence and mayhem throughout, some rude gestures, and language.
[facebook][tweet][digg][stumble][Google][follow id=”INCPak” size=”large” count=”true” ]
Getaway is the gritty, exciting action thriller from Warner Brothers in which former race car driver Brent Magna is pitted against the clock as he commandeers a custom Shelby Cobra Mustang, taking it and its unwitting owner on a high-speed adventure at the command of a mysterious villain on a race against time to save the life of his kidnapped wife.
– Written by anonymous
The Voice (voice)
The Man (voice)
- Labor Day weekend holds very little competition at the moment.
- Ethan Hawke is on a semi-hot streak lately thanks to The Purge and Sinister.
- Adding Selena Gomez to the cast could help appeal to teenage audiences.
- Labor Day weekend isn’t typically known for breakout movies.
- August is jam-packed with thrillers, which could suffocate demand for another one.