The South Korean car maker, KIA Motors is planning on launching the KIA Cerato in Pakistan by the end of this year with an expected price anywhere from Rs. 3 million to Rs. 3.9 million according to multiple sources.
KIA Cerato is among the convoy of the four wrapped cars that have been travelling across Pakistan. These vehicles have confirmed that the company clearly plans to bring in more vehicles to the local market in the near future.
This vehicle will be the KIA’s first car to be launched in the sedan category which has mostly been ruled by Honda and Toyota for the past few decades. It is pertinent to mention that the company also plans to introduce the KIA Stinger in this segment but we are going to discuss that in a different post.
About KIA Cerato
The KIA Cerato is a compact sedan vehicle launched by KIA Motors back in 2003. The vehicle is also known as the KIA Forte in the United States and the KIA K3 in some Asian markets.
Internationally, the vehicle comes with two engine variants, a larger 2.0L engine and a smaller 1.6L engine but the company is expected to launch the KIA Cerato in Pakistan with the smaller 1.6L engine to compete with the already popular Honda City, Honda Civic, Toyota Yaris and Toyota Altis.
The said 1.6 litre engine is capable of producing 121 horsepower (hp) along with 154 Newton metres (Nm) of torque while offering option for both, a 6-speed manual and automatic transmission. The car also features an auto cruise control mode as well as peddle shifters.
- LED daytime running lights
- HID Headlamps
- LED rear combination lamps
- Fog Lamps
- Smart welcome lighting system
- Hood character lines
- Grip-type exterior door handles
- Chrome belt line
- Wing mirrors with LED side repeaters
- Smart trunk system
KIA Cerato Exterior Pictures
- Heated steering wheel
- Automatic air conditioning with dual-zone control
- Rear air vent
- Seat warmers
- Ventilated front seat
- 10-way power assisted driver
- IMS (Integrated Memory System)
- Organ-type accelerator pedal
- Smart key for easy entry and engine start
- Manual tilt & telescopic steering column
- Power window switch pad
- Overhead sunglasses case
- 60:40 split folding seats
- Rear center armrest with cup holders
KIA Cerato Interior Pictures
Audio and Infotainment
- 6-8 speakers
- Radio + CD + MP3 audio
- 4.3 inch touch screen audio system
- 8 inch LCD touch screen
- Auxiliary, USB connections & illuminated USB socket
- Steering wheel audio remote control
- Steering wheel hands-free control
- front and rear parking assist system
- 6 airbag system
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Blind spot detection
- Rear view camera display
- Rear view camera
- Seat belt pretensioners
- Electrochromic rear view mirror
- Dusk-sensing automatic headlights
The car features a lot of state-of-the-art features and focusses on passenger safety. However, these features depend on the variant of the vehicle with some of them only available in the higher end models only.
The company still hasn’t clarified which variant of the KIA Cerato is launching in Pakistan and for that we’ll have to wait and see for an official announcement.
KIA Cerato Price in Pakistan
The expected price for the KIA Cerato in Pakistan is anywhere between Rs. 3 million to Rs. 3.9 million because the car will be going up against Honda’s City and Civic while also competing with Toyota’s Yaris and Altis,
In related news, Changan Alsvin is also coming to Pakistan and aims to be the cheapest sedan vehicle in the country.