MG Motors Pakistan has issued a statement regarding delay in vehicle deliveries after a video went viral showing angry customers demanding that their cars be delivered after months of waiting while sitting at one of the company’s dealership.
Several customers banded together to demand their MG vehicles be delivered or their advance payment returned after the company failed to make deliveries at the promised dates.
MG Motors Pakistan explains delay in deliveries
“There is shortage of semiconductor chips that is causing delays for all automotive brands.” says MG Motor Pakistan while explaining the delay in vehicle deliveries.
Furthermore, the company claims that the following measures have been taken to facilitate customers:
- More than 1500 MG vehicles have been delivered across Pakistan.
- The booking of MG HS (CBU) was suspended on 19th March 2021 as the Global Chip Shortage and Port congestions escalated.
- Additional 1300 MG HS and 400 MG ZS have arrived and are being delivered.
- All bookings done before 19th March will be provided with MG HS (CBU) on first come first serve basis, but there is 2 / 3 month delay on the committed delivery dates.
- Limited bookings are open for MG HS for financing customers.
- MG ZS (CBU) are being booked and delivered on committed dates.