Prime Minister Imran Khan launched Pakistan’s first-ever locally produced electric bike (e-bike) by Jolta Electric in a ceremony at Islamabad held on Thursday.
The premier praised the initiative, saying that electric vehicles will help reduce environmental pollution in the country. He added that the previous government had failed to take necessary steps to protect the environment.
The launch of the Jolta Electric Bike (E-Bike) is part of the federal government’s Electric Vehicle Policy (2020-2025) which is aimed at supporting and encouraging the production and shift towards electric vehicles.
“Prime Minister Imran Khan, with focus on the eco-friendly environment, will launch Pakistan’s first locally manufactured electric motorbike (E-Bike) at a ceremony tomorrow.” tweeted Prime Minister’s Office.
Prime Minister @ImranKhanPTI, with focus on eco-friendly environment, will launch Pakistan’s first locally manufactured electric motorbike (E-Bike) at a ceremony tomorrow.#PakistanGoingGreen#ZeroEmissions https://t.co/TKUv08e4vJ pic.twitter.com/1dEVcJKVKu— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) July 7, 2021
The various models of Jolta Electric Bike (E-Bike) that have been launched in Pakistan offer different specifications, including speed of 10 – 60 kilometers per hour and a distance coverage of 60 – 100 kilometers.
Jolta Electric Bike (E-Bike) Models
- JE-70 D
- JE-100 L
- JE-Sports Bike
This is a major step being taken in the shift towards electric vehicles. .
Auto Policy for Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- No Additional Customs Duty (ACT) and Additional Sales Tax (AST) on import of EVs.
- Import Duty of 10% on CBU EVs (Reduced From 25%).
- Only 1% Tax on Import of EV Parts for Local Manufacturers.
- Only 1% Sales Tax for EVs up to 50kWh and Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV) up to 150kWh.
- Free Registration for EVs in Islamabad.
- Exemption from Federal Excise Duty (FED).
- Duty Free Import of Plant and Machinery for EV Assembly Plant.
Read more: Electric Vehicles Get Massive Tax Reduction in Budget 2021-22.
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram for updates.
Leave a Reply