Proton X70 has been officially launched in Pakistan on Friday (18th December 2020) at their online event held in Karachi, during which the company revealed the price and features of the new compact-SUV.
The vehicle has been launched in two different variants which include an Executive All Wheel Drive (AWD) and a Premium Front Wheel Drive (FWD) which is the higher end model of the Proton X70 available in Pakistan.
Read more: Proton X70 Launched in Pakistan, Price Revealed.
Engine and Transmission
Both variants of the Proton X70 are powered by a 1.5L turbocharged gasoline direct injection (TGDi) engine, producing 177hp and 255Nm of torque coupled with a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT).
Proton X70 Features
Here are the features found in both of the variants:
The Proton X70 AWD includes the following features:
- Auto Rain Sensing Wipers
- Power Tailgate
- Driver power seat with ventilated system
- Air Purifier System with N95 rating
- Voice Command
- 6 SRS Airbags
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- 360 camera
- Leatherette seats
- LED Headlamps with DRLs
- 18-inch alloy rims
The Proton X70 FWD includes the following additional features:
- Advance Driver Assistance System
- Nappa Leather Seats
- Front Passenger Power Seats
- Panoramic Sunroof
- 19-inch alloy rims
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)
- Door Opening Warning System (DOW)
- Intelligent High Beam Control (IHBC)
Some other features found in the vehicle includes:
- Six USB ports
- 9 Kenwood speakers with power amplifier and subwoofer
- 8-inch infotainment system
Proton X70 Pictures:
The Proton X70 SUV will be competing with the KIA Sportage and Hyundai Tucson, both of whom have already established their market here in Pakistan.
However, the Proton X70 has one thing in its favor and that is the lower price of both variants compared to what the competition is offering while keeping up with the specifications and features.