Simple and easy habits in your daily routine can make a lot of difference, try to add these basic beauty tips to your daily routine. Carelessness and negligence, in the long run, will damage your skin. It is really important to spare a few minutes daily for your skincare regimen. The right routine starts with knowing what kind of skin you have. Then you’ll know how to take care of it.
- Dry skin is flaky, scaly, or rough.
- Oily skin is shiny, greasy, and may have big pores.
- Combination skin is dry in some spots (cheeks) and oily in others (forehead, nose, and chin).
- Sensitive skin may sting, burn, or itch after you use some makeup or other products.
- Normal skin is balanced, clear, and not sensitive.
The simple and easy basic beauty tips for all skin types
Follow these simple and basic beauty tips to keep your skin looking young and fresh.
These tips can be followed by men and women alike. Everyone can benefit from them.
- Warm your skin with your hands before applying moisturizer so that it is absorbed more easily
- Always use a moisturizer under the foundation.
- Allow at least 5-10 minutes after applying moisturizer before putting on foundation. This is to give the moisturizer time to be absorbed.
- Boost the benefits of skin regenerating sleep by using a moisturizer or night crème before going to sleep. The effects of moisturizing are doubled when applied on clean, relaxed skin.
- Counteract the drying effect of living with air conditioning by placing a bowl of water or a humidifier in the room.
- Moisturize your skin from the inside by drinking eight to ten glasses of water daily. This is the basic requirement for a fresh looking healthy skin.
- Nourish your skin with a healthy diet rich in vitamin A Beta Carotene, C, and E and the mineral selenium. Fill up on fresh fruits and vegetables, particularly oranges and green leafy ones, nuts, seeds, lentils, and soybeans.
- Switch cooking oils to corn, olive, sunflower, or wheat germ oil.
- Soothe and soften your skin with a fruity mask, and mash one avocado and one banana with a few drops of oil to make a smooth paste. Massage over face and leave for 10 minutes then rinse off in lots of cool water.
- Stick to hypoallergenic and fragrance-free products if you feel you have sensitive skin. Try to find uncomplicated products with few ingredients – the more ingredients the more likely it is you may be allergic to one of them.
- Reduce puffiness and revive tired, tense muscles by covering your face with a flannel soaked in cold water. Lying down five minutes with the flannel over your face increases blood circulation and will give your complexion a pink youthful glow.
- Steam clean your face regularly to help open pores and bring impurities to the surface. Half fill a heavy-based bowl with boiling water and add 5 to 10 drops of essential oil of lavender or lemon grass. Put your face over the aromatic steam, being very careful not to touch the water. Cover your head with a towel large enough to hang over the bowl. Gently steam your face for several minutes then remove the dirt with a cleanser and tone it with lavender, rose or orange flower water.
- Beat the stress that leads to premature aging by taking time off to relax. Recharge your batteries with this 15-minute exercise, and take the phone off the hook. Sit upright against the wall with your legs stretched out in front of you. Slowly count backwards from 10 to 1 when you reach 3, take a very gentle deep breath and continue breathing slowly and deeply. Relax from the toes up. When you feel completely relaxed, clear your mind of any worries and concentrate on feeling contented. Have a good stretch before getting back to the real world.
- Stop smoking! Not only does it deplete the body of vitamin C, which is essential for building and repairing skin tissue, but prolonged smoking will accentuate the tiny lines around the eyes and mouth. This also damages your lungs, stains your fingers, and gives your hair and breath all the allure of an old ashtray.
- To get the most out of your hair spray without stiffness, spray your brush then style your hair with it. This ensures even distribution without stickiness.
- Never dip your fingers into pots of makeup or crèmes as this can contaminate the products.
- Don’t dot the foundation all over your face as areas may well dry before blending them
- When using a damp sponge for blending, make sure it is just that “damp”, and squeeze it until it is almost dry.
- Don’t take a kohl pencil right into the inner corner of the eye otherwise the color may accumulate there.
- Run your freshly sharpened kohl pencil across the tissue before use. This will round off any sharp edges and remove small particles of wood.
- If you have run out of mouthwash, make your own by adding some dry mint to a cup of hot water. Leave it to stand for 15 minutes, then strain and use it as a mouthwash
- The simplest way to make fine hair look fuller is to turn your head unside down and rub some mousse into roots then dry with dryer
- If trying to banish gray hair, go for a color two or three shades lighter than your natural color, for a soft natural look.