ISLAMABAD: Adviser to Prime Minister on Finance and Revenue Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh chaired the meeting of the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) at the Cabinet division on Wednesday discussing the Next Generation Mobile Services (NGMS) Spectrum.
For the release of the Next Generation Mobile Services (NGMS) Spectrum in Pakistan for the improvement of mobile broadband services, ECC approved the formation of an Advisory Committee for the release of unsold spectrum for NGMS.
The Comosition of the committee is as follows:
- Adviser to Prime Minister on Finance & Revenue (Chairman)
- Federal Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunication
- Adviser to PM on Commerce
- Minister for Industries and Production
- Federal Minister for Planning and Development
- Other members
Terms of Reference of the Committee (ToRs) would
- To examine and evalute the market assessment report and recommendations of PTA for release of maximum NGMS spectrum in Pakistan
- To examine and finalize policy directives for the federal government for the release of NGMS spectrum in Pakistan
- Top oversee the release process to be conducted by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA).
Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) also appoved the amendement in the minutes of an earlier decision (based on the directives given earlier in the meeting of 22 July 2020) related to subsidy of the Naya Pakistan Housing and Development Authority.
The amended and approved decision states approval of allocation of Rs 33,095 milloion on account of 10 years markup subsidy on loans with tenor up to 20 years with supplementary grant Rs 4,774 million on acount of market payment during the current financial year (FY 2020-21)
Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) also approved the continuation of concessionary rates of electricity and RLNG for export oriented sectors (erstwhile zero rated sectors). It has been worked out by the POwer Division that for July-August 2020, The electricty to export oriented sectors may be provided at US centers 7.5/kWh all inclusive and thereafter at US 9/kWh all inclusive for the rest of the financial year 2020-21.
Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) also decided that Finance Division will continue with existing guarantee of 31 billion for the power sector through Power Holding Company (PHL).