ISLAMABAD: In order to boost investment in the country, measures were introduced through the Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019. In furthering the policy of encouraging investment, various measures were intensively discussed with stakeholders after
2. In order to provide an additional incentive, import of plant and machinery by greenfield industrial undertaking has been proposed to be exempt from customs duty.
3. In order to provide further incentive to the industrial undertakings set up in the Special Economic Zones, exemptions from customs duty and advance income tax on import of firefighting equipment have also been proposed.
Amendments in the Sales Tax Act, 1990
4. It was proposed in the Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 that in order to facilitate the exporters and other businesses, the outstanding sales tax refunds shall be liquidated through
Amendments in the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001
5. In order to address the concerns of local manufacturers of motor vehicles, it has been proposed to allow non-filers to purchase locally manufactured vehicles irrespective of engine capacity.
6. As an additional tax incentive to encourage investment in the green field projects, it has been proposed to exempt business income of the green field industrial undertaking for a period of five years. Further it has been proposed to exempt such industrial underlings from minimum tax on their turnover.
7. As an additional measure, it has been proposed to exempt advance tax on profit paid on Pakistan Banao Certificate, SARMAYA-E-PAKISTAN LIMITED and Duty Drawback Bonds.
8. Incentives were proposed through Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 for Banks on advancing loans for agriculture, low cost housing and micro, small and medium enterprises. It has been proposed to further streamline these incentives.
9. Through Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 reduction in tax liability for inter-corporate dividend was proposed. It is proposed to exempt such dividend derived by a company if the company avails group relief according to the proportion of shareholding of the company.
Amendments in the Federal Excise Act, 2005
10. In the Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 10% federal excise duty was proposed for locally manufactured motor vehicles of
Leave a Reply