Bahria Town Foreign Scholarships Program for PhD and MS leading to PhD offers students a chance to study abroad at one of the world’s top 100 ranked universities.
Bahria Town Foreign Scholarships
These scholarships are in line with the vision of Prime Minister Imran Khan to turn Pakistan into a knowledge economy.
Begum Akhter Rukhsana Memorial Trust is offering these Bahria Town Foreign Scholarships for spring and fall 2021 session giving students a chance to study in one of the world’s top 100 ranked universities.
- Minimum qualification required for direct PhD is MS/MPhil/ME (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer and Electrical Engineering) with a BS/BE degree in (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or Computer, Electrical, Avionics, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering) and for MS Leading to PhD is (BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or BS/BE Computer, Electrical, Avionics, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Aerospace)
- No second division throughout the educational carrier
- Applicants must have minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the semester system) or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/ME/Equivalent degree or 2.70 in BS/BE
- Maximum age 30 years on 31 Dec 2020
- Applicants availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply
- No relaxation on eligibility criteria
Eligible Disciplines / Subject Areas
The scholarships will be awarded in the following specific disciplines/ subject areas:
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Sciences
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
- Cyber Security
Applicants for Bahria Town Foreign Scholarships are required to submit online application through e-portal, the portal shall be launched on 28th Sept 2020 and we will update post with the providing you with the updated link to the portal.
Once the e-portal is available and you submit your application, only short listed candidates will be called for interviews.
Last Date of Application
- Applicants for Bahria Town Foreign Scholarships must submit online application form via provided weblink on or before the closing date i.e. Monday 19 October, 2020.
- Do not send Printed copy of online application form.
Selected candidates for Bahria Town Foreign Scholarships either secure admission in the world top 100 universities as of QS or THE rankings. PMU will assist the selected candidates for admissions.
Selected candidates can give choice of their universities for admissions.
Candidates must take TOFEL/ILETS/GRE where it is required and obtain marks as per requirement of respective universities/institutions.
- Candidates for Bahria Town Foreign Scholarships will be shortlisted on the basis of information provided by the candidate. If any false information is found, the application process will be terminated.
- The selected candidates must signed a bond with Begum Akhtar Rukhsana Memorial Trust that after obtaining the PhD, they must return to Pakistan and will not take any job in respective country. They will serve for a period of five years in any educational institutes, R&D organization or start their own technology based start-up.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fee, monthly stipend, health insurance, and airfare (twice in whole period of study)
- The other clauses will be shared in the bond.
- The decision of the award of scholarships will not be challenged in any court of law.
Contact for Information
Mr Shehzad Akhtar
Director Coordination & Public Relations, Bahria Town
Phone: 051-573-0280, 051-573-0296
Email: [email protected]