ISLAMABAD: Education ministers will meet on 4 January 2021 to discuss the reopening of schools across the country according to the notification issued by the Ministry of Education and Professional Training on Thursday.
“The 25th meeting of Inter-Provincial Education Ministers’ Conference (IPEMC) will be held as per revised schedule on 4 January 2021 (Monday) at 11:30 hours under the chairmanship of Federal Minister for Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mehmood,” said the notification.
It is pertinent to mention that the IPEMC had earlier decided to shut all schools, colleges and universities from November 26th on account of the rising number of coronavirus cases being reported from across the country.
During the meeting on 4 January 2021, the education ministers will discuss the following:
- Health updates on respective provinces / regions by Ministry of National Health Services Regulation and Coordination (NHSR&C)
- Discussion on reopening schools and other educational institutions, including colleges, universities, academies and madaris.
- School and Board Exams to be held in last week of May and early June 2021 to allow for completion of academic course work.
- Reduction in spring and summer vacations.
- New academic session of 2021-2022 to begin from August 2021.
- Implementation status of CCI decision on BECS&NCHD.
- Inputs on National Education Policy.
This is a copy of the notification:
Earlier, the Sindh education minister Saeed Ghani hinted that it was unlikely for schools to be reopening in January due to the current coronavirus situation in the country because of the ongoing second wave of infections.