Higher Education Commission (HEC) has Announced the Postgraduate scholarship in all disciplines under the project “Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the Students of Balochistan and FATA (Phase-II)”, Batch-V.
It added that applications are invited from the outstanding candidates having Domicile/Local Certificate of Balochistan and erstwhile FATA for award of Scholarships for Postgraduate studies in HEC-recognized public/private sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan.
The Postgraduate Scholarship is being offered to Balochistan & Ex-FATA Students who intend to pursue programs like MS/MPhil from a HEC recognized university or degree awarding institutions (DAIs). Furthermore, the scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2022-23 in all areas of studies / disciplines under “Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the Students of Balochistan and FATA (Phase-II)”, Batch-V.
- Applicant must possess Local/Domicile Certificate from Balochistan Province/erstwhile FATA.
- Applicants must have completed 16 years education with at least 60% marks.
- Maximum age is 35 years as on Closing Date.
- Applicants must have acquired the requisite academic qualifications on or before the closing date.
- The Applicants who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- The Applicants will have to meet HEC and University criteria for admission in MS programs.
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit and District/Agency Quota.
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test (conducted by HEC) score and Academic credentials scores.
- The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Balochistan & FATA is 50:50.
- Candidates have to secure at lest 50% marks in the Aptitude Test.
- Students already enrolled in any MS/MPhil programme may also apply.
- Please visit http:hec.gov.pk/site/phobf for further details and IN/OUT category explanation before filling out the application form.
- Merit List of scholarship will be prepared on the basis of online information/data provided by the applicants, and in case of any misrepresentation/error/omission, the scholarship shall be cancelled at any stage.
How to Apply?
- Applicants are required to submit application online through HEC website https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/bfap.
- Hard copy of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- Applicants have to Deposit/Bank Challan/Bank Draft/Pay Order of Rs. 1,000 (Non-Refundable), as application processing fee in Habib Bank Limited’s following account:
Account Number – 1742 7900 1334 01
Title of Account – Higher Education Commission
Branch Code – 1742
- The original bank payment record or slip must be uploaded with online application and it should be kept safe by the applicant to present it at test center (no one will be allowed to sit in the test without producing original bank deposit slip).
- The applicant must submit the online application after completing the application form (saved and incomplete applications in any respect will not be considered).
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
Last date of Receipt of Applications:
- The last date for submission of the online application form is Monday, Dec 19, 2022
- Application in Hard form will not be entertained.
What Will The Scholarship Cover?
- Tuition Fee and other charges (including Hostel Fee) – Maximum Rs. 60,000 per semester / year.
- Living Allowance of Rs. 10,000 per month with an annual increment of Rs. 500 for 2nd year.
- Book Allowance of Rs. 6,000 per annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs. 10,000 once.
The candidates are advised to check their emails and the HEC website regularly for any updates and are required to apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience.