The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has started an Undergraduate Scholarship Program (4/5 Years BS Programme) for students hailing from Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) with the aim to equip youth with the latest education for upcoming challenges and provide them with opportunity to get a higher education.
Undergraduate Scholarship Program For GB
The Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) students will provide financial assistance that will allow them to pursue higher studies in all top universities / institutions across Pakistan for the development of their region and the country.
General eligibility criteria for the Undergraduate Scholarship for Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) students is outlined below:
- The applicants must have domicile/local certificate of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants must have completed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and / or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) and / or Equivalent however, priority will be given to those students who have passed/complete their SSC/HSSC or Equal from Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students already enrolled in any BS Program prior to advertisement maximum one academic year/ session may also apply.
- The award of scholarships will be made irrespective of the gender, caste, race, and religion.
- The applicants can apply to any Public Sector university / institution of Pakistan. However, any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-1 will borne be the student himself/herself.
What Will The Scholarship Cover?
The scholarship program will provide eligible students with tuition fee, hostel fee, and other charges (maximum of Rs. 240,000 per year) along with a stipend of Rs. 15,000 per month as well as books and traveling allowances of up to Rs. 30,000 every year for the duration of the scholarship..
How to Apply?
The students are required deposit Rs. 500 (non-refundable) in any branch of HBL as application fee and submit a copy of the bank receipt online and to apply for the Undergraduate Scholarship Program through the following HEC Online Application System at https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/.
Furthermore, the students are advised to keep their log-in ID and Password safe for future use.
- Bank Name: Habib Bank Limited
- Branch Code: 1742
- Branch Address: SRC H-9 Islamabad
- Account Title: Higher Education Commission
- Advertisement in print media and HEC website for inviting the applications of potential candidates.
- HEC Scholarship Aptitude Test shall be arranged by HEC/ETC. Applicants must secure at least 50% marks in the test. Test result will be valid for 01 year.
- Applicants will be short-listed based on Aptitude Test score (conducted by HEC) and Academic Credentials as per following weightage/Formula: SSC 10%, HSSC 40% & Scholarship Aptitude Test 50%
- Applications/particulars of shortlisted candidates would be scrutinized in the light of the defined eligibility criteria.
- Dropped out seats in particular year will be adjusted in next year.
- Scholarships shall be awarded to the students studying/seeking admission for the BS (4 to 5 years) studies in HEC recognized public sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan.
- The selected applicants shall secure admissions by themselves in the defined program of study in Pakistan.
- The scholar shall sign an agreement/undertaking before availing the scholarship. The terms and conditions laid down in the agreement/undertaking and award letter shall be the binding for both the parties.
- Final award letters shall be issued after securing the admission and the completion of all required formalities including the legal documents.
For more details, please visit HEC’s Official Website or contact on the following email addresses:
Needs Based Scholarship Programs
Needs Based Scholarship Programs