Chinese Government Scholarships 2020-2021 is being offered to enhance educational cooperation between China and Pakistan. Questions like how to apply, eligibility deadline all will be answered here.
The Ministry of the People’s Republic of China is responsible for enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarships programs.
Chinese Government Scholarships program offers degree studies of Undergraduate, Master’s and Ph.D. and Chinese language study or academic research.
Over 289 designated Universities of China offer a wide variety of subjects.
Last Date for submission
January 5, 2020
Duration of Chinese Government Scholarships
Chinese Government Scholarship cover both the major subject and Chinese language (preparatory) study.
|Program||Major Study+preparatory year||Chinese language|
The Chinese Government Scholarship is fully funded and it covers
Tuition waiver: It will cover education, administration costs, and expenditures.
Accommodation: Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy will be given.
- Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month
- Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month
Travel Expenditure: Travel expenditure will be borne by the students themselves.
Eligibility Criteria for Chinese Government Scholarships
- Applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan/AJK
- Must contain 12 years of schooling (FA/ Fsc or equivalent A-level) under the age of 25 years for undergraduate programs
- Must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 years for master’s programs
- Must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 years for doctoral programs
Terms Of Reference:
- No manual or incomplete applications on e-portal will be entertained. All applicants must apply online on the HEC portal and in Chinese Universities.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of merit & the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the right to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
- Only apply online before the deadline of 5th January 2020, DO NOT send hard copies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of the application process.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical, Engineering, Agriculture, etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), Agriculture Council, & Nursing Council, etc.
How To Apply
- Submit the online HEC application form available at HEC eportal at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk website and retain its printed copy.
- To apply at Chinese web portal please click the link http://www.csc.edu.cn/ or www.campuschina.org
- For detail instructions about Chinese Govt. Scholarship and applying procedure please follow the link http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/cultureservice/t1633589.htm and fill the Chinese online application carefully.
- Submit Fees of Rs.300/-in favour of HEC through HBL online facility. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, H-9 Branch Islamabad is being maintained for online transfer of fee to HEC from any HBL branch across the country.
Hard Copies of the applications are not required at this stage. By-hand or incomplete applications shall NOT be entertained in any case.
Kindly note that HEC would forward nominations from Pakistan after shortlisting of potential candidates on merit through a test OR interview OR both. The decision of HEC will be final and binding. The last date for online application on HEC portal is on or before 5th January 2020.
Please note that at the time of submission of HEC online application, no hard copy of any document is required to be sent to HEC on or before the deadline. However, candidates are advised in their own interest to keep ready hard copies of all documents including HEC online application form along with all educational copies of documents, as mentioned below.
After online submission of applications, HEC will ask through email to only shortlisted candidates to submit two sets of following attested documents stapled in spiral binding separately with HEC online application form as under:
- Copies of applicant and father’s/Guardian’s CNIC.
- Copy of applicant’s Domicile.
- Copy of HEC online submitted form.
- All educational degrees & transcripts from matric to last terminal degree attested by HEC & IBCC.
- Chinese online application form
- Pre-admission letter from Chinese Government Scholarship Universities (Not mandatory)
- Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report (Not mandatory)
- A photocopy of a valid passport information page.
- Two recommendation letters in original. (for Masters & Ph.D. only)
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Two copies of the applicant’s statement of purpose.
- The health/fitness certificate designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from here. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal record from police Department.
- In the case of employment, No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the applicant’s employer will be required from shortlisted candidates.
- Certified English Translations of supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts) must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Hard Copies of the applications are not required at this stage. By-hand or incomplete applications shall NOT be entertained in any case.
Note: Applicants who don’t have valid passports are advised to apply and get it before February, 2020 as it is mandatory to upload copy of passport at CSC portal.
Read more: Kamyab Jawan Launches Startup Pakistan Programme.