South Korea: All international students can apply for the fully funded KAIST Scholarship 2021 for their graduate and undergraduate/PhD programs. Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology aka KAIST University is offering a life-changing opportunity to students all across the world by offering scholarship opportunities to bright and talented minds.
Fully Funded KAIST Scholarship 2021 will not only assist the students to make progress in research, entrepreneurship, globalization, and education but will also offer the opportunity to meet the students from more than 92 countries.
The KAIST Scholarship 2021 will also give privilege to embrace the tradition of South Korea at the same time all international scholars will blend and work together with their unique approaches and contribute to their researches.
To apply and explore the opportunity visit the official website and be part of the KAIST Scholarship 2021.
Table of contents
- Under-Graduate Program
- Graduate Program
Eligibility for KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship 2021
International candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Spring Semester, 2021 (EARLY only)
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by February 28th, 2021.
Fall Semester, 2021
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by August 31st, 2021.
Applicants with foreign citizenship
- Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship(dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as foreign students
- International applicants MUST ADDITIONALLY satisfy one of the following two requirements:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen, or
- For applicants of Korean Origin, he/she must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, and high school education outside of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of that provided in Korea.
- Note that international schools located in Korea are NOT acknowledged as foreign schools.
- Applicants who completed or will have completed high schools in Korea (국내에 거주하는 국내 고교 출신 외국인 학생) are also welcomed to apply to KAIST Undergraduate program.
There is no transfer program for international students. You have to apply as a freshman student.
- Application Form
- One Recommendation Letter
- High School Profile
- High School / University Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Score Report
- Standardized Official Test Score report
- Passport or National ID Copy
- Statement of Financial resources
- Certificate of Facts Concerning Entry & Exit issued by the Korean Immigration Office (For Korean Origin)
- Loss of Korean Nationality (For Korean Origin)
- Honors and Awards (Optional)
Note: Due to the ongoing global pandemic of COVID-19, KAIST will allow students to submit applications without 「English Proficiency Test Score Report」 and 「Standardized Official Test Score」. However, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to provide at least one of the scores if you already have obtained any. These changes are for 2020-2021 academic year only.
- Application Opens: Sep.1, 2020
- Deadline for Application & Documents: Oct. 23, 2020
- Deadline for Recommendation Letter: Oct. 30, 2020
- Application Opens: Nov.9, 2020
- Deadline for Application & Documents: Jan. 8, 2021
- Deadline for Recommendation Letter: Jan. 15, 2021
- Application Opens: Mar.1, 2021
- Deadline for Application & Documents: May. 28, 2021
- Deadline for Recommendation Letter: May. 31, 2021
Complete Application online Apply Online
KAIST Scholarship 2021 – Online Application Form (Sample)
Before you apply check Sample Forms
Procedure at a Glance
- Step 1: Read Guidelines
- Step 2: Download and fill out the online application
- Step 3: Fill out applications
- Step 4: Pay the application fee
- Step 5: Upload scanned copies of all
- Step 6: Check your documents after upload or sent
- Step 7: After completion of submission & document review
- USD 80
- KRW 80,000
Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer after writing the application form online. Additional charges (i.e. bank charges) should be covered by applicants. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable and you cannot modify the application form once you pay the application fee.
Office of Admissions
E-mail: [email protected]
Mailing Address: Undergraduate Admissions Team, Office of Admissions, KAIST, #102,
Yang Boon Soon Bldg. (E16-1), 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon
34141, Republic of Korea
Working Hours: Mon~Fri(except public holidays), 9 am ~6pm(KST)
Eligibility for KAIST Graduate Scholarship 2021
To apply for a KAIST graduate program, international applicants must satisfy ALL of the following requirements:
Degree requirement for Master’s Degree Program
- Applicants hold or or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree before enrollment at KAIST.
For Doctoral Degree Program
- Applicants hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s and master’s degree before enrollment at KAIST
Citizenship Requirement Applicants are not a citizen of Korea
- Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are not eligible for applying as international students.
International applicants of Korean ethnicity, regardless of place of birth, MUST additionally satisfy ONE of the two requirements below:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents is a citizen of Korea
- The applicant must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, and high school education OUTSIDE of Korea at the comparable and equivalent level of those provided in Korea.
- In this case, international schools located in Korea are not acknowledged as foreign schools. Applicants of Korean ethnicity who completed their entire education (elementary, junior high, high school, and undergraduate) outside of Korea should submit the Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry & Exit issued by the Korean Immigration Office. The certificate should have been issued recently.
- International students of Korean ethnicity who do not meet at least one of the conditions above CANNOT apply for International Admissions. Instead, they must apply for Korean Admissions
KAIST Scholarship 2021 – Application Time Line
Online Application : December 8, 2020 – December 31, 2020
Document Submission: January 6, 2021
– A hardcopy of the online application and
supporting materials by post to KAIST
* Recommendation letters should be uploaded on our
system by the same due date.
Arrival Check of Submitted Documents : December 14th(Mon.), 2020 – January 8th(Fri.), 2021
Application and Scholarship Review – January 18th(Mon.) – February 26th(Fri.), 2021
– Department offices will contact applicants
individually if an interview is necessary.
* Please check your email at regular intervals
Notification of Final Decisions – March 5th(Fri.), 2021, 5:00 P.M.
Beginning of the Fall Semester – August 30th(Tue.), 2021
Complete Application Online Apply Online
Before you apply for international graduate program
- Document Checklist
- A copy of the Application Form
- Statement of Financial Resources
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Certified Degree / Diploma
- Certified Transcripts
- Certified English Proficiency Test Reports
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Identity Document
- List of Honors and Awards
- Employment Certificate
- School Profile/ Credit Rating System
Procedure at a Glance
- Step1: Visit the KAIST website and apply Online Application
- Step 2: Check whether all the information is correct and save the file.
- Step 3: Pay the application fee.
- Step 4: Print out your online application form.
- Step 5: Send a hardcopy of the application with all supporting materials to KAIST
- Step 6: Check whether your package has been received.
- Step 7: Check your e-mail at regular intervals
- The application fee is KRW 80,000 or USD 80.
- Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer.
- If you pay by credit card, an application number will be given to you automatically upon payment and you will be exempt from submitting the invoice and remittance receipt.
- If you pay the fee by bank transfer abroad, you should send the remittance receipt via email. We will issue your application number after receipt of your application fee is confirmed. The bank account number will be provided when you complete the online application.
- Additional payment charges (i.e. bank charges) must be paid by the applicant.
- Please note that you cannot modify your application form once you pay the application fee.
Office of Admissions
- Address: # 110, 1st Floor, E 16-1 B/D291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141 Republic of Korea, Graduate Admissions Team, KAIST
- Office: +82-42-350-2352, 2354
- E-Mail: [email protected]
Complete Admission Guide For International Applicants -Spring & Fall Semester 2021
Admission Guide For International Applicants-Undergraduate Admission
International Admission Application Guide – Graduate Admission
Visit official page
- International Undergraduate
- International Graduate
- KIAST Admissions
- Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Read More on similar posts : SCHOLARSHIPS