Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan is inviting applications for HEC PhD scholarships, under Faculty Development Programme Batch-III, for the academic year 2021-2022. The scholarship can be availed by all Pakistani and AJK nationals. The Faculty members of all public and private sector universities are entitled to the project Faculty Development Programme for Pakistani Universities.
The HEC scholarships under Faculty Development Programme 2021-2022 provides an opportunity to faculty members of public and private universities/degree awarding institutions (DAIs) to pursue PhD degree at HEC recognized Pakistani Universities/DAIs.
The scholars can avail of scholarships for a maximum period of four years including 12 months at a foreign university.
Last Date to Apply for Faculty Development Programme 2021-2022
The last date to apply for the Faculty Development Programme 2021-2022 is Wednesday, November 03, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria For Faculty Development Programme 2021-2022
- Applicants must be Pakistani/AJK nationals.
- Must have minimum 18 years of education with MS/MPhil equivalent degree for PhD.
- Must have two years of teaching experience in the HEC recognised universities/DAIs.
- Must have the First Division (in the annual examination system) or minimum CGPA 3.00 out of 4.00 in the final degree and no third division/Grade D in the entire academic career.
- Maximum age limit is 45 years on the closing date.
- The faculty members who are already enrolled in PhD (before Fall 2020) or availing HEC/Government/University or any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be a faculty member of HEC recognised university and will re-join after completiion of studies as per terms and conditions of the scholarship award.
- Visiting/adjunct faculty members are ot eligible to apply.
Application Procedure – How to Apply
- Applicants must apply online only through the HEC e-portal – APPLY ONLINE
- An original deposit slip/ ATM transfer slip of Rs. 500/- (non-refundable as processing fee) must be uploaded on the HEC eportal.
- Fee can be deposited through any bank in Account Number 1742-79001334-01 of Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Branch, Sector H-9, Islamabad.
- Before submitting an online application read FAQs
- The following evaluation criteria are used to evaluate applications:
- Academic Merit of the Candidate( By Academic Evaluation Formula)
- Higher Education Aptitude Test
- Candidates who are or may be enrolled in one of the HEC recognised universities listed on the HEC website will be considered for the scholarship.
- The scholarship merit list will be compiled based on the applicants’ online information/data, and anyerrors or omissions will result in the offer cancellation.
- HES reserves the right to select or reject applicants based on the selection criteria.
- Applicants must keep a copy of the original fee deposit slip. At a later stage, a hard copy will be required.
- For details, please visit Faculty Development Programme for Pakistani Universities.
For more details on HEC Phd Scholarships under Faculty Development Programme Batch-III visit the following links.
- Faculty Development Programme for Pakistani Universities
- Current Status
- Basic Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply
- Federal Government Quota Policy
- Selection Criteria
- Study Plan
- Terms and Conditions
- Financial Benefits
- Required Documents
- List of Universities
Read More: Scholarships