LAHORE: Schools in Punjab have been allowed to open their administrative offices on Monday and Tuesday of each week during the month of June 2020 according to a notification issued by the School Education Department.
According to the notification issued, the permission has been given to Punjab schools to open administrative offices is because they can conduct activities such as collection of fees and giving out salary to teachers.
The permission has been given on the condition that all standard operating procedures (SOPs) that have been issued previously need to followed strictly by the school administrative office.
This is the copy of the current notification:
Education Minister Punjab Murad Raas also made a tweet regarding the decision saying that the permission has only been given for fee collection and “the most important thing” which is the dismemberment salaries of honorable teachers.
These Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) were included in the notification of even number issued on 18 April 2020.
These SOPs include the following:
- Only two persons shall be allowed including Principal/Administrator and Accountant for management purposes only.
- Timing of opening of Admin offices of private managed school shall be from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Face masks shall be mandatory for the people dealing with the parents / visitors.
- Strict compliance with social distancing shall be ensured and gatherings / crowding of people shall not be permitted. Circles with appropriate distance or similar appropriate means shall be used for this purpose for the social distancing.
- Teachers and staff may be called for pay purpose only with class wise schedules, one class per day.
- Soap and hand sanitizers must be provided.
- No student shall be allowed to visit school for any purpose.
- Wash rooms and other area shall be disinfected with chlorine solution, daily.
- Where possible school shall utilize banking channels for collection of fee and payment of salaries.