The Government of Pakistan imposed a complete ban on the commercial use of flavored tobacco products “ to protect the health of the country’s youth apparently the ban exists but not being implemented across the country.
According to an official of the Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination imposed a ban, there is the complete restriction on the sale of shisha in cafes and shops in the markets.
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.
Vape / E-cigarette is modern day cigarette supposedly tobacco-free, which it is not.
Flavoured tobacco causes cancer:
A Slow and painful death
Flavored tobacco may seem a safer alternative to smoking tobacco, but these products can create serious health problems for youth and adults. Flavored tobacco is potentially more dangerous than regular tobacco. New flavored tobacco products are much more discrete and easily consumed in public. Young people are more likely to use flavored tobacco products because the flavoring masks the strong taste of the tobacco.
For those switching on E-cigarettes ( Vape ) considering it as a safer alternative to conventional smoking cigarettes here’s a note for you.
E-cigarettes ( Vape) are battery-operated devices designed to deliver nicotine and flavorings to the user by turning chemicals into vapor. According to the World Health Organization, there are no studies that show e-cigarettes to be a safer and effective alternative to cigarettes. Further, no brands of e-cigarettes have been approved as a smoking cessation tool by the Food and Drug Administration as manufacturers have failed to prove the safety and efficacy of these devices for cessation.
- Electronic cigarettes are battery-operated devices that people use to inhale an aerosol, which typically contains nicotine (though not always), flavorings, and other chemicals. In many e-cigarettes, puffing activates the battery-powered heating device, which vaporizes the liquid in the cartridge or reservoir. The person then inhales the resulting aerosol or vapor (called vaping).
- E-cigarettes are popular among teens. Under U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations designed to protect the health of young Americans, minors can no longer buy e-cigarettes in stores or online.
- Nicotine stimulates the adrenal glands to release the hormone epinephrine (adrenaline) and increases the levels of a chemical messenger in the brain called dopamine. The activity of dopamine in the brain’s reward system motivates some people to use nicotine again and again, despite possible risks to their health and well-being.
- Research so far suggests that e-cigarettes are less harmful than cigarettes when people who regularly smoke switch to them as a complete replacement. But e-cigarettes can still damage a person’s health.
- E-cigarettes can lead to nicotine addiction and increased risk for addiction to other drugs.
- E-cigarette use also exposes the lungs to a variety of chemicals, including those added to e-liquids, and other chemicals produced during the heating/vaporizing process.
- More research is needed to determine if e-cigarettes may be as effective as smoking cessation aids already approved by the FDA.
The Purpose of sharing information is to support the Tobacco Smoke-Free Cities initiative. Helping to quit smoking call
There is no shame in admitting that you need help and need consultation contact without Tobacco-Smoke Free Capital without any hesitation if you need a judgment-free zone.
Tobacco-Smoke Free Capital
Room # 129, First Floor, Block ‘S’, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad