With Covid-19 outbreak on its peak, protection from coronavirus is now obliged on every citizen more than ever. As the common saying goes “Prevention is better than cure” protect yourselves before it is too late.
Some necessary precautions are to be implemented in our everyday lives, to keep ourselves, our loved ones, our surrounding and especially our country safe from the ugliness of this virus.
Protection from Coronavirus:
1. Stay Home: Staying home is the best and easiest thing to do during this crucial pandemic phase. Do not leave your home until it is urgent, especially if you’re older than 45 years or have underlying health condition
2. Social distancing: Maintaining social distance is another important step in protection from coronavirus. Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet in public places or when interacting with someone as Corona is a droplet virus and cannot travel more than 6 feet.
3. Avoid Public transport: Public transports are at highest risks of virus transmission. It is safe to use personal vehicles when travelling to work.
4. Use face mask: Use of face mask is necessary at all times. Cover your mouth and nose properly as Corona cannot enter through any other route. N-95 and Kn-95 offers best protection from coronavirus but can be difficult to wear for long duration. Surgical masks can also be used and are comfortable to wear. Do not use cloth masks as they do not filter the air that we’re inspiring.
5. Hand hygiene: Keep a small alcoholic sanitizer with yourself every time. Use it frequently, especially after coughing or sneezing, after touching metal surfaces or after shaking hands with someone. Also avoid touching your face and eyes frequently. Use of rubber or plastic gloves is also appreciated. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with hand wash when entering the house.
6. Avoid crowded places: You are at highest risk of catching the virus from crowded places, so avoid large gatherings, shopping malls, grocery stores, gyms, beauty parlors and public parks.
7. Avoid using escalators and lifts: Coronavirus remains active on metal surfaces. It is better to avoid using lifts and escalators and adds to protection from coronavirus.
8. Avoid physical contact: You never know the person you’re interacting with is carrier of virus or not, so it is best to avoid handshake, hug and embraces when meeting with friends and relatives.
9. Boost your immunity: CoronaVirus does not cause much harm to people with strong immune-system. Boost your immunity with use of Citrus fruits, Red bell peppers, Broccoli, Garlic, Ginger, Spinach, Yogurt, black seeds and almonds. Avoid junk food.
10. Cover your cough: Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue paper and dispose it immediately to protect others from transmission of virus.
11. Disinfect Surfaces: Use Dettol or any other multipurpose disinfectants to clean surfaces. Also spray alcoholic disinfectants on your home and car doors to add to protection from coronavirus.
12. Isolate if symptoms occur: Isolate yourself if any of the symptoms related to coronavirus occurs. The symptoms include high-grade fever, body ache, non-productive cough, diarrhea, vomiting and loss of smell and taste sensations.
Protection from coronavirus is in our own hands. We can make it stop or we can make it worse. Decision is yours.