Alexandrite gemstone is known as “Emerald by day, ruby by night”. It displays color changes, green in sunlight, and red in incandescent light.
The gemstone is so rare and expensive that only a few must-have owned it. The value of the gemstone can be determined by two factors; pure green and red are most valuable, and the distinct color change. The most valuable have a 100% color shift, from pure green to pure red. Those with lesser color shifts have lesser value – blue-greens and purplish or brownish have little value.
This mystical stone is named after Alexander II (Russian Prince) as it was first discovered near Tokovaya River in Russian Ural Mountain on his birthday in 1830. In Russia this stone is considered very fortunate, it is believed to bring good luck, good fortune, love, and health. The stone is also believed to strengthen intuition, creativity, and imagination.
Alexandrite gemstone opens up the warm, healing energy and love of the universe as it opens the crown chakra.
Alexandrite is a rarest and costly gemstone that everybody wishes to have. Apart from many health benefits, it is also worn for wealth and love.
Healing properties of Alexandrite
- Aids in the treatment of physical diseases, ideal for people who wish to recover from persistent disease or surgery.
- Restores physical and internal energies.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Beneficial in treating various spleen and pancreas conditions.
- Helps treat leukemia.
- Helps in protein assimilation.
- Alexandrite brings abundance, prosperity, good fortune, and luck.
- Symbolizes self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Brings about changes.
- Protects from anything or anyone who wishes misfortune or ill.
- Encourages romance and love.
- Brings joy and happiness.
- Associated Month: June
- Birthstone Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Color: purple, green, blue, grey, yellow, red, pink
READ MORE: Pink Diamond Sold For $83 Million