Prime Minister’s Social Protection and Poverty Alleviation Ehsaas Cash Program continues to serve poor people under Ehsaas Kafalat Programme. Now new deserving families can check their eligibility to avail Ehsaas Kafalat payment by simply sending their CNIC to 8171.
The free of cost SMS Service 8171 has been activated to receive requests from the beneficiaries. according to Dr. Sania Nishtar’s video messages has confirmed the completion of the new Ehsaas Survey by the month of June this year. With the identification of the beneficiaries, the government is sponsoring the deserving people under the Ehsaas Kafalat program.
The federal government is sending out letters to the identified beneficiary families. These letters will be delivered through Pakistan Post. The letter will be delivered by the local postman without any fee. The entitled families will receive two letters. If the CNIC number of the female member of the family is already available with the government, then they will be asked to collect the payment under Ehsaas Kafalat Cash Programme. Since payment is being made for 6 months collectively, the beneficiaries will receive Rs.12,000/-
Female beneficiaries from KPK, Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu & Kashmir can collect their cash from any of the Bank Al-Falah Shop or Biometric enabled ATM. Female beneficiaries from the provinces of Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan can also collect their cash from Bank Al-Falah or Biometric enabled ATM.
If the government does not have the CNICs of the ladies they will be sent another letter. This letter will instruct the females of the family to visit the NADRA office to have their CNICs issued. Once they have CNIC they will be included in the Eshsaas Kafalat Program.
Ehsaas Kafalat SMS Service 8171 has been formally launched. To find out about eligible families joining the program, send an SMS to your 13-digit National Identity Card (CNIC) Number to 8171 and follow the instructions received through the reply SMS.
Ehsaas Registration Centers
The complete ‘Ehsaas Registration Centers List‘ for all districts in Pakistan (where an official center is operational), including their contact numbers. This page will be updated periodically to include establishment of any new office/center.
Here’s the list of the nearest EHSAAS Registration Centers to your home.
اپنے قریب ترین احساس رجسٹریشن سینٹرز تلاش کریں
ڈاکٹر ثانیہ کا کفالت پروگرام میں نئے شامل ہونے والے صارفین کیلئے خصوصی پیغام
What is being given under Ehsaas Kafalat?
- Ehsaas’ Kafalat is the Government’s programme through which it will give cash stipends of Rs. 2000 monthly and bank accounts to the most deserving and poorest women across the country
- Total number of expected Kafalat beneficiary women: around 7 million
- New enrollment
- In 70 districts:
- We have begun by enrolling 1 million families in 70 districts. These families will start receiving Kafalat stipends from February to March 2020.
- More beneficiary families will be added through desk registration over the course of the year
- Other districts will be covered by end of the year
- In 70 districts:
- All existing eligible beneficiaries of BISP will continue to be part of Kafalat
- New enrollment
How are Ehsas beneficiaries identified?
- Beneficiaries will be identified through a household survey and through Ehsaas NADRA Desk Registration Centers assisted by SMS and Kafalat web-service.
- At least one desk registration center has been established in each Tehsil.
Who is eligible for Ehsaas Emercency Cash Program 2021?
- Only the destitute are eligible under Kafalat
- Government servants and their spouses, taxpayers, car owners, people with a history of multiple foreign travels are not eligible under Kafalat. Data analytics will be used to exclude individuals on these parameters
How will the payment be made?
- Payment will be made through the new biometric Ehsaas Digital Payment System which will ensure transparency in payments.
- Under this, women will draw money from Point of Sales (PoS) agents, dedicated branches and Biometric enabled ATMs of Habib Bank and Alfalah Bank.
- Biometrically enabled ATMs have been opened for the first time, which means that women will not be hostage to Point of Sales agents and touts who used to deduct money from them, fraudulently
- Designated bank branches have been opened for these poor women for the first time so that they can draw money with dignity
- Each woman will have a bank account linked to her mobile phone to enable her to access economic opportunities
Opportunities for economic empowerment
- Kafalat is also a financial inclusion initiative as each woman will get a bank account, under the Prime Minister’s “One Woman One Bank Account” initiative, which will pave the way for their formal interaction with the economy
- Through a parallel Ehsaas policy initiative women will get better access to smartphones, as a step towards digital inclusion
- Kafalat is part of the wider Ehsaas programme, hence women will have better access to opportunities to graduate themselves out of poverty
Timelines for launch of Ehsaas Kafalat
- Phase 1: 70 districts (February to March 2020)
- 1 million new deserving beneficiaries will start receiving stipends
- Desk/web registration of missing households will commence
- Phase 2: rest of the districts
- Timetable to follow
Future directions of Kafalat
- Kafalat identification card has a QR code, which can be read by any smartphone or off-the-shelf scanner. QR codes on Kafalat cards/QR codes and bar codes on ID cards coupled with biometric verification can enable Kafalat to expand its horizon of support for these poor families, e.g, at Utility Stores and other service points in the future.
WHY WAS THERE A NEED FOR A NEW PROGRAMME IN RELATION TO BISP PAYMENTS?
- The database based on which payments were being made was 10 years old
- There was no mechanism of desk/web registration, in case, a house was missed in the survey, or if the socio-economic situation of a household changed
- There was no use of data analytics in beneficiary identification
- The contract with banks which formed the basis of payments was 10 years old and there were a lot of issues with the payment system
- Payments were not predictable in timing
- The size of the cash transfer was not inflation adjusted
- Financial and digital inclusion opportunity was missed
How to Check the Ehsaas Kafalat Application Status
Ehsaas Kafalat Program is based on a biometric system. Candidates will get selected after the web survey or door-to-door survey. Thus, the selected candidates will get an SMS through 8171 regarding the payment.
However, the beneficiaries will get the payment/monthly stipend in the first week of every month (probably). They can withdraw money through designated bank branches, Biometric ATMs etc.
Ehsaas Kafalat Portal for Biometric failures
However, if, in any case, candidates face problems regarding biometric, then they get to submit their application online through the given link. (http://complaints.pass.gov.pk/)
You will find all the details about Ehsaas Kafaalat Programme here.
HOW DOES KAFALAT DIFFER FROM BISP’S CASH TRANSFER PROGRAMME?
|Kafalat||Earlier BISP Cash Transfer|
|Frequency of cash|
|First week of every month||A specific time was not defined|
|Amount (PKR)||PKR 2,000 per month||PKR 5,000|
|Payment system||Fully Biometric||-Card/Post office/Biometric|
|Point of withdrawal|
|-Point of Sales Agents (POS) with|
secure gadgets to prevent theft
-Designated bank Branches
|-Point of Sales Agents often used|
sub-standard gadgets which
couldn’t prevent theft
-Card enabled ATMs
|-Door to door digital survey +|
-Data analytics + Desk survey +
|Door to door paper-based survey|
|Ongoing Desk and Web|
|2 banks hired through an open|
|6 banks sole source contracted|
|Bank Account||Saving account will be opened|
for every beneficiary
|All Ehsaas graduation|
opportunities will be made
available to beneficiaries
|BISP cash transfers were a|
Here is a list of Ehsaas Programs introduced by the Government of Pakistan:
- Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program (First Phase).
- Ehsaas Emergency Cash Programme (COVID-19 Fund for Labourers).
- Ehsaas Rashan Program.
- Imdad Insaf Program.
- Kamyab Jawan Program.
- Ehsaas Kafalat Programme 2021 Online Registration
- Ehsaas Registration Centers List [Updated]