Ever since the Independence Of Pakistan in 1947 until now in 2022, There have been 31 Prime Ministers of Pakistan, which includes 8 Caretakers, who served as the leader of the House. This post also includes some Interesting facts about Prime Ministers of Pakistan.
The List of Prime Ministers Of Pakistan (1947-2022)
|1||Mr. Liaqat Ali Khan||15-08-1947 To 16-10-1951|
|2||Khawaja Nazimuddin||17-10-1951 To 17-04-1953|
|3||Mr. Mohammad Ali Bogra||17-04-1953 To 11-08-1955|
|4||Ch. Mohammed Ali||11-08-1955 To 12-09-1956|
|5||Mr. Hussain Shaheed Suharwardi||12-09-1956 To 18-10-1957|
|6||Mr. Ibrahim Ismail Chaundrigar||18-10-1957 To 16-12-1957|
|7||Malik Feroz Khan Noon||16-12-1957 To 07-10-1958|
|8||Mr. Noor-ul-Amin||07-12-1971 To 20-12-1971|
|9||Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto||14-08-1973 To 05-07-1977|
|10||Mr. Muhammad Khan Junejo||23-03-1985 To 29-05-1988|
|11||Mohtrama Benazir Bhutto||02-12-1988 To 06-08-1990|
|12||Mr. Ghulam Mustafa Khan Jatoi (Caretaker)||06-08-1990 To 06-11-1990|
|13||Mian Mohammed Nawaz Sharif||06-11-1990 To 18-04-1993|
|14||Mir Balakh Sher Mazari (Caretaker)||18-04-1993 To 26-05-1993|
|15||Mian Mohammed Nawaz Sharif||26-05-1993 To 08-07-1993|
|16||Mr. Moin Qureshi (Caretaker)||08-07-1993 To 19-10-1993|
|17||Mohtrama Benazir Bhutto||19-10-1993 To 05-11-1996|
|18||Malik Meraj Khalid (Caretaker)||06-11-1996 To 17-02-1997|
|19||Mian Mohammed Nawaz Sharif||17-02-1997 To 12-10-1999|
|20||Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali||23-11-2002 To 26-06-2004|
|21||Chuadhary Shujaat Hussain||30-06-2004 To 26-08-2004|
|22||Mr. Shaukat Aziz||28-08-2004 To 15-11-2007|
|23||Mr. Muhammad Mian Soomro (Caretaker)||16-11-2007 To 24-03-2008|
|24||Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani||25-03-2008 To 25-04-2012|
|25||Raja Pervez Ashraf||22-06-2012 To 24-03-2013|
|26||Mir Hazar Khan Khoso (Caretaker)||25-03-2013 To 05-06-2013|
|27||Mr. Muhammad Nawaz Sharif||05-06-2013 To 28-07-2017|
|28||Mr. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi||01-08-2017 To 31-05-2018|
|29||Justice (Retd) Nasir-ul-Mulk (Caretaker)||01-06-2018 To 18-08-2018|
|30||Mr. Imran Khan||18-08-2018 To 10-04-2022|
|31||Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif||11-04-2022 To date|
SOME INTERESTING FACTS about Prime Ministers Of Pakistan
- Longest Time Served By a Prime Minister: Yousuf Raza Geelani (4 Years, 2 Months, 25 Days). Previously, Liaquat Ali Khan Served The Longest Time As Prime Minister (4 Years, 2 Months, 2 Days).
- After Aggregating Mohammad Nawaz Shareef’s Three Terms, His Duration Totals Up To 4 Years, 13 Months And 57 Days Or 5 Years, 2 Month And 27 Days.
- After Aggregating Benazeer Bhutto’s Two Terms, Her Duration Totals Up To 4 Years, 8 Months And 21 Days. Thus Both Mohammad Nawaz Shareef And Benazeer Bhutto Are The Longest Non-Consecutively Serving Prime Ministers.
- Shortest Time Served By a Prime Minister: Noor ul Ameen (13 Days) During 1971 Bangladesh-Pakistan War
- Political Party Having The Most Number Of Serving Prime Ministers: 5 From Muslim League.
- Total Duration of Prime Ministers From Muslim League: 9 Years, 6 Months, 57 Days Or In Aggregation 9 Years, 7 Months, 27 Days.
- Total Duration Of Democratic Prime Ministers: 30 Years, 51 Months, 254 Days Or In Aggregation 34 Years, 11 Months, 14 Days.
- Number Of Times Prime Minister’s Post Abolished: 5 Times
- Total Duration Of The Post Abolishment: 24 Years, 24 Months, 53 Days Or In Aggregation 26 Years, 1 Month, 23 Days.
- Longest Post Abolishment Period: 13 Years, 2 Months During Zia-ul-Haq’s Dictatorship.
- Shortest Post Abolishment Period: 6 Months, 3 Days After The Death Of Zia-ul-Haq.
- Number Of Times Caretakers Came: 7 Times
- Longest Time Served By a Caretaker: Mohammad Meean Soomro (4 Months, 9 Days)
- Shortest Time Served by a Caretaker: Balakh Sher Mazari (1 Month, 8 Days)
- Total Duration Of Caretakers’ Terms: 18 Months, 10 Days Or In Aggregation 1 Year, 6 Months And 10 days.
- Imran Khan was the first Prime Minister to be ousted through a no-confidence motion.
- No Prime Minister has completed their 5 year tenure so far in the history of Pakistan.
Pakistan had seen 4 Military coup (Martial Law) era and current on-going democratic governments have completed 14 years since 2008 till 2022 – after the upcoming General Elections in Pakistan in 2023, Pakistan will select its 32nd Prime Minister. However, taking out the caretaker Prime Ministers, the current premier stands at 23rd position, while the next one to be chosen in 2023 will be the 24th Prime Minister.
Pakistan Zindabad !