In the latest weather update, the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has predicted Wind-dust/thunderstorms and rain in different parts of the country from May 28th to 31st May 2023.
Met Office informed that another westerly wave is likely to enter in western and upper parts of the country on 28th May (Sunday) likely to persist till 31st May (Wednesday). Under the influence of this weather system:
- Wind-dust-thunderstorm/rain is expected in Balochistan (Quetta, Zhob, Barkhan, Qilla Saifullah, Qillah Abdullah, Chaman, Pishin, Noshki, Naseerabad, Kalat, Lasbella, Khuzdar & Sibbi), Sindh (Sukkur, Dadu, Karachi, Hyderabad, Jacobabad, Shaheed Benazirabad, Mirpurkhas, Khairpur & Larkana), Punjab (Layyah, Bhakkar, D.G khan, Rajanpur, R.Y khan, Bahawalnagar, Multan, Sahiwal, Khanewal, Okara & Pakpattan) on 28th (evening/night) & 30th May.
- Wind-dust/thunderstorm-rain with a few hailstorms (Isolated heavy falls) is expected in Kashmir (Neelum valley, Muzaffarabad, Poonch, Hattian, Bagh, Haveli, Sudhanoti, Kotli, Bhimber, Mirpur), Gilgit-Baltistan (Diamir, Astore, Ghizer, Skardu, Hunza, Gilgit, Ghanche, Shigar), Chitral, Dir, Swat, Kohistan, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Haripur, Peshawar, Charsadda, Nowshera, Swabi, Mardan, Bajaur, Kurram, Waziristan, Kohat, Bannu, Tank, Karak, Dera Ismail Khan, Islamabad, Murree, Galliyat, Rawalpindi, Attock, Chakwal, Gujranwala, Sargodha, Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, Jhang, Toba Tek Singh, Nankana, Mandi Bahauddin, Khushab, Mianwali, Narowal, Sialkot, Kasur, Lahore & Jhelum from 28th (evening/night) to 31st May with occasional gaps.
- Dust storms/wind storms may cause damage to lose structure and standing crops in Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan, Sindh, and Kashmir from 28th to 30th May.
- Farmers are advised to remain cautious during the forecast period.
- Tourists are advised to plan their activities accordingly.
- The general public is advised to stay at safe places during the dust storm/wind thunderstorm.
NOTE: In case you are traveling on these dates Kindly call on Motorway Police Helpline 130.