With the summer sun shining bright, Spotify has predicted the songs that will be turning up the heat on the streaming platform this season. From David Guetta to Selena Gomez, from Dua Lipa to Taylor Swift these projections span a diverse variety of vibes, genres, and time periods with sources spread all across the globe.
It is a global music fest this season at Spotify as the streaming service on the basis of more than 32 million user-generated “summer” playlists, has also showcased the trends that it strongly believes will depict what this time of the year looks through the lens of listeners and the music preferences.The official Songs of Summer predictions by Spotify are powered by a variety of factors like streaming stats, present trajectory, and prospective forecasts derived from listenership data from around the world. The leading streaming platform’s signature global Summer Heat Map is also live on its website. Spotify will update the Map weekly with the projections varying from country to country, including Pakistan. Users can click on the white dots on the map to see what’s trending in far off destinations as well as in their own country.
This week’s top 5 tracks for Pakistan include “Phir Aur Kya Chaiye” by Sachin-Jigar and Arijit Singh, “Still Rollin” by Shubh, “Obsessed” by Riar Saab and Abhijay Sharma, “Mi Amor” by Sharn, 40k and The Paul as well as “No Love” by Shubh.
For starters, with Taylor Swift’s Cruel Summer from 2019 taking the crown for the most-streamed song with “summer” in the title, Spotify expects the 96 million + plays on the track to continue growing. “Summertime Sadness” by Lana Del Rey, “Summer” by Calvin Harris, and “Summer of ‘69” by Bryan Adams are runner-ups on the list.
Next, with playlist creation for “Barbie” and “Barbiecore” spiking to almost 270% as the trailer for the latest Barbie movie dropped on May 26, the current volume of 500,000 playlists is also strongly forecasted to keep growing. This is supported by songs like “California Gurls” by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg; “Barbie Girl” by Aqua; “Toxic” by Britney Spears; “Wannabe” by Spice Girls featured on the list of projections released by Spotify.
Here’s the complete list of Spotify’s 2023 Songs of Summer predictions:
- “4EVA (feat. Pharrell Williams)” by KAYTRAMINÉ, Aminé, KAYTRANADA
- “All My Life (feat. J.Cole)” by Lil Durk, J. Cole
- “Baby Don’t Hurt Me” by David Guetta, Anne-Marie, Coi Leray
- “Calm Down (with Selena Gomez)” by Rema, Selena Gomez
- “Cruel Summer” by Taylor Swift
- “Cupid – Twin Ver.” by FIFTY FIFTY
- “Dance The Night (From Barbie The Album)“ by Dua Lipa
- “Ella Baila Sola” by Eslabon Armado, Peso Pluma
- “Fast Car” by Luke Combs
- “Favorite Song” by Toosii
- “Last Night” by Morgan Wallen
- “Miracle (with Ellie Goulding)” by Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding
- “Moonlight” by Kali Uchis
- “Not Strong Enough” by boygenius
- “Peaches & Eggplants (feat. 21 Savage)” by Young Nudy, 21 Savage
- “Rhyme Dust” by MK, Dom Dolla
- “Unavailable (feat. Musa Keys)” by Davido
- “VAGABUNDO” by Sebastian Yatra, Manuel Turizo, Beéle
- “What It Is (Solo Version)” by Doechii
- “WHERE SHE GOES” by Bad Bunny