QUETTA: Balochistan Government has allowed operation of inter-provincial and inter-district transport with immediate effect according to the notification issued by the Balochistan Home and Tribal Affairs Department.
The permission to start these transport services in Balochistan has been given on the implementation of standard operating procedures and some precautionary measures / conditions.
The Standard Operating Procedures and conditions include:
- The internal portion of each bus/van will completely be sprayed/disinfected prior to movement.
- The adjacent seat to the passenger will be kept vacant.
- Hand sanitizing facility would be mandatory in each bus/van.
- Each passenger will be checked before boarding a bus/van with the help of a thermal gun.
- The record of each passenger is to be maintained properly.
- Use of mask is mandatory for all the passengers, drivers and conductors during travel/stay and movement.
- Each bus shall be sprayed/disinfected completely upon arriving at its destination.
- No person will be allowed to stand/sit in the middle part of the bus.
- No person, with fever/without mask will be allowed to board a bus/van.
- The taxi cars will be allowed only with three passengers and all above
conditions will apply to the taxis as well.
- The eighteen seater van will carry only 10x passengers.
- Crowd/congestion is to be avoided at Bus/Van terminals.
- Hand sanitizing/hand wash facility is to be arranged at bus/van terminals for passengers/general public.
- No customer will be allowed inside the terminals without mask.
- At least one-meter distance between all workers/staff and customer/general pubic is to be kept at terminals.
- Frequent use of water and soap, to wash hands, be ensured by the staff at work place.
- All other general instructions regarding to COVID-19 are to be followed in letter and spirit.
- In case of violation of the above SOPs, legal action would be taken against the violators and if needed, the decision to allow the transport, will be withdrawn/reversed in the best public interest.
The last point clearly states that that the above mentioned Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are to be followed very strictly and in case of violations legal action may be taken and the transport services in Balochistan may be suspended again.
This is copy of the notification:
Read more: No entry without Face masks at KP Hospitals.