KARACHI: The Sindh Government is placing District South Karachi under smart lockdown starting 3 July 2020 till 16 July 2020 after surge of coronavirus cases in these areas according to the notification issued by the Deputy Commissioner Office Karachi.
Coronavirus cases in Sindh have surged past 89,000 while the death toll has topped 1,400 with most of the fatalities and cases in the port city Karachi.
Areas of District South Karachi being placed under lockdown include:
- Civil Lines – Complete Clifton Block 4 including restaurants and businesses.
- Civil Lines – Clifton Block 5 (all areas between Khayaban-e-Saadi, Khayaban-e-Iqbal and between Bank Road and Nehar-e-Khayyum).
- Civil Lines – All localities of Bath Island.
- Arambagh – Khori Garden Market Kharadar.
- Arambagh – Machi Miyani Market Kharadar.
- Garden – All commercial areas of Jeelani Masjid Road in Garden
- Garden – All the commercial areas of Hari Masjid Road in Nanakwara
- Garden – Doli Khata
- Garden – Shoe Market Garden
- Lyari – Madni Road Mosa Lane Lyari
- Saddar – Bazarta Line
Only grocery stores and medical will be allowed to open in these areas during specific timings only. No other businesses will be allowed to operate and this includes no deliveries and takeaway for restaurants.
Movement will be strictly limited and only one person will be allowed in the house to buy essentials on the condition that he carries his ID card along with him.
People will be required to wear mask while leaving their house and anyone entering or exiting the lockdown areas will be required to wear a mask.
Anyone found in violation will be dealt with in accordance with the law.
This is a copy of the notification with complete District South Karachi smart lockdown details: