There was an accidental fire that broke out at an ammunition shed in Sialkot due to short-circuiting. The incident occurred near the Sialkot Garrison and the fire has been extinguished, according to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
The statement added that the fire at the ammunition shed did not cause any loss of life or surrounding property as it effectively contained. “Due to effective and timely response, the damages were immediately contained,” said the ISPR.
The incident had shaken up the city of Sialkot as residents heard and saw huge explosions near the Sialkot Garrison and began sharing the videos on social media in search of answers.
A fire broke out in an Ammunition Depot near #Sialkot garrison. The fire broke out due to a short circuit which has now been contained. No loss of life or property occurred. – ISPR#Pakistan pic.twitter.com/UUyb2bJNyR— Ali (@AliJaved24) March 20, 2022