KARACHI: The port city is likely to be hit by a heatwave from 5 May to 8 May according to the Meteorological Department.
The Met Department Director Sardar Sarfaraz said that the weather will remain hot and humid during the heatwave as hot winds will blow from the northwest.
The sea breeze will also remain suspended during the heatwave according to Sarfaraz.
Read more: Petrol prices in Pakistan for May 2020 [UPDATE].
Karachi was also hit by a heatwave last month when temperatures in the city rose to 40 degrees Celsius but this heatwave will be even worse since everyone will be fasting during the month of Ramazan.
Karachi has been hit by multiple heatwaves almost every year and over 1200 people lost their lives because of heatstroke in 2015.
How to stay safe during a heatwave:
- Dress for the weather (wear loose fitting and light clothing).
- Avoid exerting yourself outdoor during the day and plan most activities when the sun has gone down.
- Remember to stay hydrated (drink lots of water).
- Keep yourself cool by trying to stick to the shade. Don’t stay in the sun for too long.
- Always keep your head covered while outside.
Read more: Pakistan coronavirus death toll nears 400 and 17,500 cases.
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram for update.