Islamabad Excise & Taxation department issues directive in the wake of NOVEL Coronavirus (COVID-19) readjusting office timings and aurging people to use digital platforms and door-to-door service for registration of vehicles and paying token tax instaead of visiting the E&T office physically.
The notification issued by Director, Islamabad Excise & Taxation Department on Sunday stated that
In the wake of the third wave of NOVEL Corona Virus (COVID-19) the precautionary and preventive measures are become essential to limit the spread of disease. Therefore, the Excise and Taxation Department. Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) has taken following steps/measures.
- All leasing companies/Banks are direct. to send only one nominated focal person for the new registration of vehicles.
- Only those applicants are being entertained/facilitated for new registration of vehicles and transfer of ownership at the office having online booking through Excise and Taxation official website www.islatnabadexcise.gov.pk
- Applicants can also avail Door to Door vehicle registration and transfer of ownership facility through contact No.051-90395386 and 051-2775386.
- All applicants / visitors, visiting the E &T Department for collection of Smart Card are request. to kindly check the delivery status of their smart card through aforetnentioned website. Timing shall be observed for delivery of Registration cards is from 03:00 nm to 07:00 pm.
- Token tax can only be paid through following methods:
City Islamabad app (download from Google play store/ Apple Store)
- pay via Mobile bank app
- Pay via ATM
- Pay via visiting !Link members Branches
- Post Offices situated in Revenue limits of Islamabad.
- All Registered Motor Vehicles Dealers having at least 10 or more files for new registration or transfer of ownership can avail the door-to-door facility after getting/obtaining online appointment on contact numbers mentioned above.
- Registration for professional tax, bed tax, registration of Motor Vehicle Dealers, Real Estate Agents and registration of tobacco vendors will also be facilitated at doorstep and online appointment for same can be taken on contact No.051-9265588 and WhatsApp No.0345-5232512.