The Islamabad Administration has issued a fresh set of restrictions and SOPs for Mosques (Masjids) and worship places in the city of Islamabad on directives of the National Command and Operations Center (NCOC).
According to the notification, there are several new restrictions and SOPs put in place in order to control the surge of COVID-19 in Islamabad, especially the new Omicron variant.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals are allowed for prayer in mosques and other worship places.
- Mandatory mask wearing.
- Removal of carpets.
- Maintaining 6 feet for social distancing.
- Elderly and co-morbid to preferably offer prayers at home.
- Frequent hand sanitization.
- Minimal attendance for the prayers.
- Preferably perform ablution at home.
- Opening of doors / windows for ventilation and preferably organizing prayers in open.
- Short sermon for Jumma Prayer.
The new restrictions on mosques in Islamabad will come into force immediately.
Do you agree with the government’s decision to put more restrictions and implement these SOPs for mosques in Islamabad? Let us know in the comments section below.