Islamabad authorities have issued a detailed policy in order to curb the agent / tout mafia that is working under different entities for their matters in Excise and Taxation Department.
According to a notification issued by the Deputy Commissioner Islamabad, Irfan Nawaz Memon, there are various businesses, banks, showrooms, and similar entities that have issued authorization letters to different persons (agent mafia) for their matters in the Excise and Taxation Office in Islamabad.
However, the notification states that such practice is against the law and all authorization letters issued by these entities stand cancelled with immediate effect and in the future, the following directions must be observed by businesses, banks, or similar entities when appointing authorized persons.
The notifications states:
- An authorization letter shall only be accepted if provided with specific details of the vehicles, the persons so authorized, and the date of its validity.
- An authorization letter can only be used once and for each different case, a separate authorization letter shall be acquired.
- In the case of banks, the authorized persons must not be below the rank of Assistant Manager and must be working as permanent employee in Islamabad.
- In the case of public limited companies, their representative must hold a valid office identity card, authorization letter for a specific case, and SECP registration of the company.
- The authorized person must be a taxpayer.
- Showrooms are not allowed to uses authorization letters to any person.
This is a copy of the notification:
Read more: DC Islamabad to Hold ‘Khuli Kacheri’ on May 12.