Islamabad Police has issued a traffic update following Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman, Imran Khan’s arrest from Islamabad High Court (IHC) in the Al-Qadir Trust Case.
PTI Chief, Imran Khan, was arrested from the Islamabad High Court (IHC) by Rangers personnel, who were following orders of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB). The arrest has caused unrest among PTI supports, who have come to the streets to protest against the action.
The authorities have imposed Section 144 in Islamabad, which means no meeting, procession, or gathering will be allowed within the limits of Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT). However, PTI supporters are still gathering to protest on the streets, which has caused an inconvenience to commuters and major traffic jam in the city.
UPDATE FROM ISLAMABAD TRAFFIC POLICE
- Due to protest, traffic diversions were placed between Koral and Khanna Stops of Islamabad Expressway. Alternatively, Lehtrar Road and Peshawar Road can be used, Alternatively, Lehtrar Road and Peshawar Road can be used.
- Faizabad all sides closed for traffic going towards Murree Road Rawalpindi and IJP from Islamabad side, Alternatively, 9th Avenue can be used.
- Due to protests, diversions are placed for traffic at G-9 Rohtas Road turn from Srinagar Highway, Alternatively, 9th Avenue can be used.
- Diversions are placed for both sides of traffic at Garden Avenue point of Faisal Avenue, Alternatively, traffic is diverted to I-8 & H-8.
- Due to protest, traffic congestion was observed at Chungi No. 26 of Peshawar Road.
- Traffic interruptions near Saien Mirchu Darbar stop of Srinagar Highway, Alternatively, use Peshawar Road.
#murreeroad #IslamabadHighCourt #ImranKhan #islamabad #rawalpindi pic.twitter.com/EWK1xXo53f— Muhammad Daniyal (@daniyalch_1998) May 9, 2023
Islamabad Traffic Plan
According to the Islamabad traffic update, the authorities have blocked traffic moving from Faizabad towards Murree Road after protests broke out above the Faizabad bridge. Furthermore, there is congestion for traffic between Koral and Khanna Stops of Islamabad Expressway.
Similarly, there have been traffic interruptions reported near Saien Mirchu Darbar Stop of Srinagar Highway. Alternatively, the commuters can use Lehtrar Road and Peshawar Road.
Furthermore, both tracks of Rawat are also reportedly blocked.
Read more: PTI Chairman Imran Khan Arrested From Islamabad High Court.
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram for updates.
Leave a Reply