Sheesha is a water-pipe in which fruit-scented tobacco is burnt using coal, passed through an ornate water vessel and inhaled through a hose. Many of them whom do not smoke enjoys sheesha which comes in various flavor when they socializing. As you know smoking is bad for health and same goes to the sheesha too where research revealed.
It is worse for you than cigarettes. One hour of sheesha is equivalent to smoking about 60 cigarettes. It has more dangerous chemicals, including lead and tar, more nicotine etc. In fact about a hundred times more. Also, it has more carbon monoxide.
Recently a survey has been carried out by Pakistan Medical Research Council (PMRC), revealed that sheesha is popular among the age group between 20-25 years include college and universities students.
Survey Results of 71 educational institutions :
Knowledge regarding sheesha smoking is tremendously low and the majority considers the practice safer than cigarette smoking.
disadvantages — health risks like
1 stained teeth 2. Increased frequency of colds, particularly chest colds and bronchitis
5. Gastrointestinal difficulties, constipation, diarrhea, and colitis
9. Leukoflakia (smoker’s patch)
11. Heart murmur
12. Buerger’s disease (inflammation of blood vessel linings)
13. Shortness of breath
15. Smoker’s hack
17. Wrinkles and premature aging
19. Gastric, duodenal, and peptic ulcers
20. Lung cancer
21. Cancer of the lip, tongue, pharynx, larynx, and bladder
23.High blood pressure
24. Heart disease
25. Artherosclerosis & arteriosclerosis (thickening and loss of elasticity of the blood vessels with lessened blood flow)
26. Inflammation of the sinus passages
27. Tobacco angina (nicotine angina pectoris)
30. Pulmonary tuberculosis
31. Tobacco amblyopia
32. impared hearing
33. Decreased sexual activity
34. Mental depression
PDF about Sheesha