Lahore – Tehreek e Labbaik (TLP) has announced to launch a ‘Protest March’ starting 29 August (Wed) at 16:00 Hours from Lahore (Data Darbar).
Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) will march to Islamabad on Wednesday, stating that its protest will continue until either blasphemous cartoons’ publication stops in the Netherlands or the govt severs diplomatic ties with that country.
The plan of TLP is to Start the Rally from Lahore at 1600 hrs from Data Darbar via GT Road holding and mustering support from the towns all along and reaching Islamabad by 2nd september 2018, TLP chief Khadim Rizvi will stop over on the below mentioned routes for short sermons to motivate people:
TLP Rally route details Lahore to Islamabad
1. Data Darbar
7. Lala Musa
11. Gujjar Khan
12. Rawat – T Chowk
13. Rawalpindi – Murree Road
14. Islamabad – Towards RED ZONE Traffic operations will be affected. Plan Travel accordingly.
Islamabad Updates forthcoming Rally
1. Security of Red Zones (Lhe/Isd) has been put on High Alert.
2. Diplomatic Police Department is managing the situation. If the situation continues to build-up the responsibility of the ‘Enclave’ will go to the Rangers and then the Army.
3. In larger interest of country likely it will be ensured that TLP should not be able or let to hold protest/dharna like that of last year.
1. Staff advised to plan their field activities accordingly during 29 Aug – 2 Sep, as major entry/exits of Lahore & all cities situated along GT Rd may face massive blockades / diversions.
2. Please seek security advice before proceeding to any area situated along GT Rd (Lhe-Isd)
3. Ensure to carry photo IDs and plan in a proactive manner rather than being reactive.
4. Please avoid protest areas and public gathering venues.
5. Please report any abnormality to the security team.