PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government has allowed barber shops and salons in KP to be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday throughout the weekend and the government has also issued the standard operating procedures (SOPs) that are mandatory to be implemented and followed by these businesses.
The notification regarding the decision was released by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Relief and Rehabilitation Department which stated that baber shops and salons in KP will be allowed to operate till 4:00 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Read More: Sindh govt to keep Public Transport suspended.
This decision will go into effect immediately provided that the following of these standard operating procedures (SOPs) issued by the government.
- Services to be offered by barbers and salons: (1) Essentials services which cannot be managed at home like haircut shall be admissible at barber shops only; and, (2) face shave shall be discouraged.
- Hand hygiene: (1) Facility for handwashing with soap or sanitizer must be provided at the barber shops and salons; and, (2) barbers, and salon staff including beauticians must wash hand with soap before haircut of every customer.
- Respiratory hygiene (etiquettes): Barbers, and salon staff including beauticians and customers shall wear face mask during provision and receipt of services respectively.
- Social and physical distancing: (1) Over crowding shall be avoided by providing services to customers on advance appointments only – one customer at a time policy shall be followed; (2) hand-shakes and hugging shall be avoided; and, (3) no customer should be allowed in the waiting area of the salon or barber shop.
- Cleanliness of shops and disinfection of tools: (1) Barber shops, and salons must be well lit and ventilated having open windows and doors or shall be fitted with exhaust fans. In case of air conditions, ventilation should be ensured after one hour by opening doors and windows or exhaust fans should be operative all the times; (2) avoid use of towels; (3) furniture, doors, chairs, and other hi-touch surfaces should be disinfected with 0.05% Chlorine solution prepared on daily basis; (4) all used tools and customers chairs must be disinfected with Chlorine solution before haircut etc of every customer; (5) metallic tools like scissors, nail cutters,
Read More: Pakistan to resume domestic flights from 16 May.