District Magistrate Islamabad Capital Territory, ICT has issued a notification on 2nd August 2021 to impose lockdown in twin cities Islamabad/Rawalpindi on Saturday and Sunday and complete closure of shrines, indoor dining, public gathering, outdoor/indoor gym courts, from 3rd August till 31st August 2021 due to rising cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) delta variant in the capital city.
However, Citizens are not following the SOPs not wearing masks in public places and Faizabad bus stands are filled with crowd commuting to other cities although it falls under ICT but is mostly influenced by Rawalpindi Administration.
The Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) administration has issued orders for certain restrictions and controlled movement in different sectors of Islamabad to prevent the spread of COVID-19 with effect from 12 midnight on August 01, 2021.
The decision has been taken In exercise of powers under the Epidemic Control Act, 1958 and on the Recommendations of District Health Office and on the basis of surveillance activities of the Surveillance Teams and Covid-19 test results from public and private laboratories and hospitals and in order to prevent the community spread of the COVID-19 virus in these areas.
The streets include Street No. 52, 53, 69 & 70, G-10/3, Street No. 46 & 53, F-11/3, Street No. 47, 48 & 49, G-13/2, Street. No. 1, 2 & 6, E-11/4, Street No. 32 & 33, I-10/2, Street No. 30, 32, 45 & 74, G-13/2, Street No. 91, 93, 96, 98, 99, 100, G-9/4, Street No. 56, 62, 66 and 67, G-9/4, Street No. St 91, 92, 95 and 109, I-8/4, Street No. 55 to 58, 61, 64, 65, 80 to 83, I-10/1, Street 19A, G-15/1.
According to the notification issued by the District Magistrate following businesses/places comes under the new lockdown policy.
In exercise of powers under the Epidemic Diseases Control Act, 1958 and in compliance to the decisions of the National Command Operation Centre (NCOC), Islamabad communicated vide letter No. 801/A/2/NCOC-01 dated 02.08.2021 the following NPIs will be implemented in the territorial jurisdiction of Islamabad:
- Business Timings: All business activities/markets in Islamabad Capital Territory shall be open till 8:00 PM only Only exemptions are given to essential services as defined in para “M”.
- Gatherings: There shall be a complete ban of all types of indoor gatherings including cultural, musical/religious/miscellaneous events in Islamabad. However, outdoor gatherings with a maximum limit of 400 individuals shall be allowed under strict COVID protocols.
- Weddings / Functions: There shall be a complete ban on indoor weddings with effect from 8. August. However. outdoor weddings shall be allowed with maximum limit of 400 guests and strict implementation of COVID-19 SOPs. Timings for outdoor weddings will be till 10:00 PM.
- Restaurants: Complete ban is imposed on indoor dining. However outdoor dining shall be allowed till 10:00 PM under strict COVID protocols. Takeaways shall be allowed 24/7.
- Amusement Parks, Public Parks, Swimming Pools and Water Sports: Amusement parks, Swimming Pools and Water Sports shall be closed. However, public parks shall remain open under strict COVID-19 SOPs.
- Mask Wearing: All Citizens shall use face covering in public spaces throughout the Islamabad Capital Territory.
- Shrines: There shall be complete closure of all shrines in the Islamabad Capital Territory.
- Office Routine: All Public / Private offices and establishments throughout the Islamabad Capital Territory shall operate at 50% attendance; however normal working hours shall continue. Cinemas: There shall be complete closure of all cinemas in the Islamabad Capital Territory. Sports: There shall be complete ban on contact sports (Karate, Boxing, Martial Arts, Rugby, Water Polo, Kabaddi a Wrestling) in Islamabad Capital Territory
- Inter-city and Intra-city public transport: All types of inter-city and intra-city public transport shall operate at 50% of total capacity in Islamabad Capital Territory with strict COVID SOPs. Furthermore, ban is imposed on serving snacks to passengers by transport services.
- Gyms/Indoor Courts: All Gyms / Indoor courts (tennis, badminton. squash etc) in Islamabad shall be allowed to open only for vaccinated individuals / members. Owner of Gym / Indoor courts shall be responsible for vaccination of staff / management.
- Closed days/Lockdown days: Saturday and Sunday will be closed days in Islamabad Capitol Territory. There shall be a complete ban on all activities including commercial activities during closed/lockdown days. Only exemptions are given to the essential services defined as Pharmacies/ Medical Stores, Medical Facilities and Vaccination Centres, Petrol Pumps, Tandoors, Milk/Dairy Shops. Karyana Stores. Bakeries, Poultry/meat Shops, Fruit/Vegetable & Dry Fruit Shops, Opticians, LPG Shops, Auto Workshops, Food Takeaways/Home Delivery from Restaurants. Courier / E-Commerce (Home Delivery), Utility Services,(IESCO, SNGPL, Sanitation / Environment / Water / DMA etc Directorate of CDA/MCI. Internet & Cellular Networks/ Telecom,) Call Centres and Media houses.
- Industrial and agricultural activities and establishments shall remain exempt from operation of this order.
- This order shall come into force w.e.f 3′ August, 2021 within the territorial limits of Islamabad and shall remain in force till 31th August, 2021.
- This order shall be given wider publicity in official Gazette. Daily Newspapers and Broadcasting through Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Television and other TV Channels as news item for information of the general public.
DISTRICT MAGISTRATE ICT, ISLAMABAD
Lockdown in Islamabad Notification
General Public is advised to follow SOPs and weak masks!