ISLAMABAD: Office of the District Magistrate issued a notification of extending the existing lockdown till 31st May 2020 with following additional exemptions.
- Phase-II of the construction sector i.e businesses of steel and PVC pipes, electric appliances, manufacturers of street & aluminum equipment, ceramics and paints industries, sanitary, paint, steel and aluminum works and hardware store subject to the adoption of SOPs/guidelines issued for industrial units and sales points.
- All factories not included in the negative list, including the export industry, will be allowed to resume their operation. However, detailed notification in this regard shall be issued separately by the appropriate authorities.
- All retail except large shopping malls, I & T Centers, all community markets and all small markets of rural areas are allowed to open subject to the adoption of SOPs/guidelines for days a week operationalization as per para (2)
- Parks, Trail, Golf Course, Polo Clubs, Tennis courts, all such facilities with no public gathering and they shall abide by SOPs/Guidelines for parks/trails for maintaining social distancing including wearing of masks, etc.
All Shops and businesses exempted under this order shall for five days in a week from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and remain closed on Saturday & Sunday (This restriction commences w.e.f 9th May,2020.
Islamabad Capital Territory Authority (ICTA) following the similar SOPs issued by Government of Punjab, However In Punjab 3 days complete lockdown and 4 days in a week govt eased the restriction
ICTA hereby clarified that following shall continue to remain closed
- Main Marakiz (Markaz) of all sectors (Blue Area, Aabpara, Karachi Company, Super, Jinnah Super, Melody, F-10, F-11, I-10, I-8, and other sectoral Marakiz.
- All main Marakiz/commercial centers of private and cooperative housing societies.
- Rawat, Bara Kahu, Tarnor and other major markets of rural areas
- Educational Institutions
- Restaurants (except takeaway and home delivery)
- Marquees, Marriage Halls, Cinemas including those located in community markets and places of large gatherings.
- Public processions/gatherings/congregations of all nations.
- Organized sports events and concerts.
- All hairs salons, barbershops,
- All Gymnasiums and playing in parks.
The Federal Government directed the Tiger Force of volunteers to report a violation of SOPs to the concerned Sub Divisional Magistrates/Assistant Commissioners.