KARACHI: As per the increasing number of coronavirus cases in the port city, a micro smart lockdown has been placed in Korangi District of Karachi for a period of two weeks till 15th October 2020.
According to a notification issued by the the Deputy Commissioner District Korangi Karachi, the micro smart lockdown will be imposed in the following areas of the district:
- Korangi No 2
- Alfalah Society
- Shah Faisal Colony
- Areas falling under Model Colony
Furthermore, the notification mentions the standard operating procedures (SOPs) that are to be implemented in the micro smart lockdown areas of Korangi District Karachi.
- Anyone entering or exiting the micro smart lockdown areas shall wear a mask without any exception
- Unnecessary movement of people residing in the lockdown areas shall be strictly restricted.
- All businesses shall ensure COVID-19 SOPs are followed in letter and spirit.
- No private / family get-together will be allowed in private homes.
- No gatherings of 3 or more persons shall be allowed in public spaces.
- All persons who are positive shall be quarantined at their houses and would not be allowed to mix with others unless they test negative.
- Government will make every effort to provide ration to the needy people residing in these areas through philanthropic organizations and by employing its own resourses.
- Government will make every effort to provide mobile dispensaries and mobile utility stores in these areas.
This is the copy of the notification:
Yesterday, the Sindh government placed Karachi South District under micro smart lockdown after several cases of coronavirus were registered from certain localities.
Read more: Micro smart lockdown imposed in Karachi South District.
Leave a Reply