KARACHI: A micro smart lockdown has been imposed in Karachi South District after several coronavirus cases were recorded from these localities according to a notification issued by the Deputy Commissioner (South).
According to the notification, the following areas fall under the micro smart lockdown in Karachi South District:
|Civil Lines||Creek Vista Apartments, Block-A, Phase VIII, DHA|
However, there is no mention regarding the duration of the micro smart lockdown but the notification mentions that it will remain operational until active cases in the area come down to zero.
Futhermore, the notification mentions standard operating protocols (SOPs) that will be enforced in the areas under micro smart lockdown in Karachi South District.
- Anyone entering or exiting the micro smart lockdown areas shall wear a mask without any exception
- Unnecessary movement of people residing in the lockdown areas shall be strictly restricted.
- All businesses shall ensure COVID-19 SOPs are followed in letter and spirit.
- No private / family get-together will be allowed in private homes.
- No gatherings of 3 or more persons shall be allowed in public spaces.
- All persons who are positive shall be quarantined at their houses and would not be allowed to mix with others unless they test negative.
- Government will make every effort to provide ration to the needy people residing in these areas through philanthropic organizations and by employing its own resourses.
- Government will make every effort to provide mobile dispensaries and mobile utility stores in these areas.
The Assistant Commissioners are directed to make sure that violators are penalized while day to day issues of the public are resolved at the best of their ability.
This is a copy of the notification regarding the micro smart lockdown in Karachi South District:
It is pertinent to mention that Manghopir and Gadap Town were placed under micro smart lockdown along several areas of Karachi Central District.
Leave a Reply