The Government of Sindh has imposed mini smart lockdown in Manghopir Sub-Division of Karachi for a period of two weeks from midnight till 15th October 2020 after witnessing a rise in the coronavirus cases.
According to the notification, several coronavirus cases were reported from Saima Villas and Samama City located at Gadap Town in Manghopir Sub-Division of Karachi.
As a result, it has been directed to impose a mini smart lockdown in Manghopir area of Karachi from 12am 01-10-2020 to 15-10-2020 till 07:00pm and the Assistant Commissioner Manghopir has been requested to devise a proper lockdown plan for the mentioned localities.
Furthermore, the notification mentions that strict action is be taken in case there are violations of standard operating procedures (SOPs) issued by the health department.
The notification mentions that the following standard operating procedures (SOPs) are to be implemented during the mini smart lockdown in Karachi:
- Anyone entering or exiting the lockdown areas shall wear a mask.
- Movement of people residing in the lockdown areas shall be strictly restricted.
- Only grocery shops / convenience stores and pharmacies shall be allowed to remain open in these areas during specific timings as specified in the Home Department’s order.
- All other business activities shall strictly remain closed without any exceptions.
- All kind of industrial units falling in the area shall remain closed
- No home delivery/take away of any sort will be allowed from restaurants, fast food joints.
- Only one person of each household shall be allowed outside for buying food items and medicines by displaying original CNIC to the law enforcement agencies.
- Only one attendant, where extremely necessary, shall be allowed with a person in need of medical care.
- No private / family get-together will be allowed in private homes.
- No joy riding shall be allowed, residents coming out of their houses should have a valid reason to do so.
- Pillion riding shall be strictly banned in these areas.
- All public transport (buses, taxis, rickshaws, Uber, Careem, SWVL, Airlift) is banned to ply on the roads in these areas.
- Government will make every effort to provide mobile dispensaries and mobile utility stores in these areas.
Here is a copy of the notification: